article thumbnail

Hot Last Week

Tony Karrer

Report: Community Platforms Market Led by Jive Software and Telligent - ReadWriteWeb Hot Last Week Keywords eLearning Strategy Social Media Work Skills KnowledgeHub ScreenToaster Cooliris Quizmaker OnDemand Meridian Mzinga GeoLearning Saba Notes on the weekly hot last week.

Cooliris 100
article thumbnail

Web 2.0 Applications in Learning

Tony Karrer

Method Count Percent Alongside Formal Learning 26 63% Process Information / Training 22 54% Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Support Information 18 44% Commonly used resources, URL's to applications, documentation, Contact Information, etc. Security - This is no worse than any other form of electronic communication.

Wiki 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Is There a Better Way to Social Learning?

Xyleme

Augment their systems with components that provide opportunities for people to interact in social systems for informal learning. The problem is that this results in informal learning about formal training content only…and the usability is way behind.” Here is one I found interesting from @jacobboone : “.I

article thumbnail

Four Ways User-Generated Content (UGC) Can Make its Way into.

Xyleme

As always, Jane combines a wealth of information with some remarkable insights on where organizational learning is (or should be) headed. In this way, formal content is now supported and supplemented by an ecosystem of experts and related information.

Xyleme 71
article thumbnail

Five Myths of Social Learning

Xyleme

While I could write an entire blog post on the reasons for this, I think Clark Quinn summarizes it quite nicely: “As work becomes more complex and the level of information explodes, speed-to-competence will depend on an organizations ability to allow learners to support themselves by tapping into the knowledge of others.”

article thumbnail

Enterprise Mobile Learning 2011 - Year in Review

mLearning Trends

using different types of devices in multitudes of languages across diverse geographies are sure to drive awareness in mobile learning and generate interest from organizations of all sizes seeking to achieve their own successes and become more innovative in the way the train and support their ever-mobile learning communities.