Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Journal Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

The dynamics of managing/nurturing networks of practice

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Keeping the Wheels Turning: The Dynamics of Managing Networks of Practice. Journal of Management Studies, 47(1), 85-108 The authors make a distinction between NoPs and CoPs; networks of practice and communities of practice. Managers should support and energize communities, not neglect and ignore them.

Network 151
article thumbnail

Personalised learning

Learning with e's

There is a great deal of cross over here with personal learning environments (PLEs) of course, particularly in relation to user generated content and sharing within a community of practice. et al (2007) Personalised Learning: Ambiguities in Theory and Practice. British Journal of Educational Studies , 55 (2), 135-154.

PLE 76
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Making Connections: Trends in Social Learning

Obsidian Learning

Building on the concept of communities of practice , Etienne Wenger (2009) has proposed a social theory of learning. The focus of this theory is “learning as social participation,” in which learners actively participate in the practices of social communities and construct personal identities in relation to these communities.

article thumbnail

A blog for teacher

Learning with e's

I found a very readable article today on the use of blogs to promote critical reflection and community of practice for language teachers. Written by Shih-Hsien Yang, the paper appears in the open access journal Educational Technology and Society. Using Blogs to Enhance Critical Reflection and Community of Practice.

article thumbnail

Four roles for social media in workplace learning

Clive on Learning

Tags: social networking. In some cases the results have been transformational. We have got by without all these techniques in the past and many organisations will make a determined effort to get by without them in the future.

article thumbnail

The intersection between work and learning

Janet Clarey

If I didn’t let learning and work overlap here, you’d see either marketing copy and quotes from others with no reflection or the equivalent of peer-reviewed journal articles (which have their own place in academic journals). Tags: Brandon Hall drabble blogging communities of practice lurking.

article thumbnail

Web feats 3: Blogging

Learning with e's

Blogging has transformed my professional practice (teaching and researching) because it has enabled me to write down and present my ideas in a way which is coherent to my wider community of practice. Tags: blog online publishing critical reflection blogging.

Web 60