article thumbnail

The Promise Of 3D Learning

Upside Learning

Why then is there such a gap between technology development and adoption by the L&D community? Off-the-cuff, I think there are some definite reasons this is happening: System cost/cost of development – It isn’t budget friendly to implement a ‘behind the firewall’ system that allows for collaborative 3D.

article thumbnail

To optimize your learning, optimize your networks

Jay Cross

Communities in the middle do a bit of both. These networks operate behind the firewall (e.g., the corporate activity stream) and external (e.g. They can be personal or professional on either side of the firewall (for example, the company football pool or machinists who support Obama’s re-election).

Network 69
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

LMS Innovation: Where’s the Value?

Talented Learning

The need for mandatory academic and employee compliance training is real, but organizations everywhere are also looking for better ways to educate their extended enterprise of customers , sales channel partners or member communities. I’ve also been sharing my thoughts on other blogs around the world.

article thumbnail

Three Practical Ideas for Using Twitter in E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Build a Community. There’s no reason why you couldn’t use Twitter to help facilitate a community of practice. The real value in social media is in community building where you’re able to connect people who share similar interests and get them to exchange ideas. First, not everyone will jump on the community bandwagon.

Twitter 81
article thumbnail

How to Make BYOD Work

CLO Magazine

“Companies like Qualcomm have very strong firewalls with the majority of information on the inside, and very little information on the outside. Learning infrastructures need to permit people to download compatible apps and content to various devices for streaming audio and video. Then the issue shifts to security of access.

article thumbnail

How to Replace Top-Down Training with Collaborative Learning (3)

Jay Cross

Activity streams, like Twitter, so I know what’s going on and what people are talking about. Choosing and subscribing to streams of information I’m interested in. You probably can’t afford, and definitely don’t need, to create your own Facebook or Google behind your firewall. A community may be a group of professionals (e.g.

article thumbnail

Creating Online Social Learning Membership Sites with Web Development Agency Owner, BuddyPress Expert, and StudyChurch Founder Tanner Moushey

LifterLMS

Figuring out what community your website serves and what success looks like for that community is a huge piece of putting together an effective platform. It is good to have some momentum built up with your community that you can transfer over onto your site. What does success look like for this community?