article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

I asked if that included open source tools too–basically he trusts libre tools but not gratis ones. Difference between PKM/PLE/PLN: PKM is more work-focused. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning. External processes. Contribute. Google Reader to pull everything in.

article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Communities of Practice Facebook as a Learning Platform We Need a Degree in Instructional Design Learning styles don't exist 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments How long does it take to create learning? Learning 2.0 - The Things How we read online. - Tools Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools - A Summary PR 2.0:

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Personal Learning Earthquake

Learning Visions

So the PLE conversation has been, for me, framed in terms of the LMS and tools. How do you make an LMS into a PLE? And it started dawning on me that the PLE was about a revolution in learning -- about teaching people to learn -- about empowering individuals to take control of their own learning environments, their futures.

article thumbnail

Top 113 eLearning Posts and 28 Hottest Topics for 2010

eLearning Learning Posts

Course Content Authoring Tools – Open Source (Free) - eLearning 24-7 , June 7, 2010. Anatomy of a PLE - Learning with e’s , July 11, 2010. Yes, mobile moodle for iPhone is eminent, we will release open source code soon - Ignatia Webs , February 25, 2010. The Learning Professional’s toolkit – what’s essential?

article thumbnail

Top 74 eLearning Posts from September 2010

eLearning Learning Posts

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE - PLE’s need Teachers - Learnadoodledastic , September 23, 2010 Call it a PLE if you like, to me it is connectivist learning. PLE - “My PLE is where I store all my “keys” to the network. opened with a piece on the importance of Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose, followed by a quick Curatr demo.

article thumbnail

Top 10 Higher Ed/EDU LMSs for 2017

eLearning 24-7

Here is the approach, i.e. Rank, Name, ( ) – listing as either “edu” for K-6, K-12 or “HE” for higher education including community colleges, tech colleges too. It is free open source, but you really need to know what you are doing when you build your system. And now, The Top 10 for 2017.

article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: My Personalized Personal Work Learning Environmental World

Learning Visions

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 My Personalized Personal Work Learning Environmental World Tony Karrer asked in the comments on my PLE post yesterday , Im curious if you distinguish your learning environment (tools, skills, etc.) Posted by Cammy Bean at 9:38 AM Labels: ple 2comments: Lee said. But the boundary has gotten fuzzy for me.

Personal 100