Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove Picture Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

“Current Need-to-Know Tools and What’s Around the Corner” Nick Floro #olconf

Learning Visions

“Current Need-to-Know Tools and What’s Around the Corner” Nick Floro with Sealworks Trends eLearning community and what we’re doing is rapidly changing. billion) 70 billion apps were downloaded in 2013. When creating content, think about making it more flexible – tagging and organizing it so you can easily shuffle it together.

Tools 100
article thumbnail

Share trading

Learning with e's

Tagging made it even more personal. As van Dijk (2013) has proposed, the ready acceptance of Facebook and other social media into the every day lives of a global population of users ensured that the ethos of sharing became second nature. creating community'' (Castells, 2012, p. creating community'' (Castells, 2012, p.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hot List - April 1, 2009 to April 11, 2009

Tony Karrer

Communities, PLEs, small groups, & power - Adventures in Corporate Education , March 31, 2009 My mom loves telling the following story about me, to emphasize the fact that I have always been bossy. from 2008 to 2013 for learning technology products and services. What is an online learning community?

article thumbnail

Top 10 LMS for eLearning

Ed App

Social features like community forums, leaderboards, and rewards help encourage people to get involved in eLearning. Edapp’s prizing and real rewards functionality (pictured) further improves the gamified learning and drives motivation. Private and public learning communities. The Pros: EdApp is completely free. SCORM compliant.

article thumbnail

Top 10 NextGen LMSs for 2015-2016

eLearning 24-7

Next Generation to me isn’t about one specific feature or capability, rather it is looking at the picture of training today (based upon target audience(s), vertical(s) and yes, that thing called global). . Bringing in communities – nope not next gen. How do I define NextGen? Qualifications. That is one step.

article thumbnail

Evolving From Service Provider to Course Creator to Software Entrepreneur with Sam Brodie from Offsprout Page Builder

LifterLMS

In 2013 he partnered with his current business partner, who had just graduated from law school. So we grew JurisPage, our niche design agency from 2013 through 2016, at which point it was acquired. Chris: So you said 2013 to 2016 you got acquired. We basically established the relationship as soon as we found it in 2013.

article thumbnail

Open edX vs. Moodle: A Comparison

Appsembler

This comprehensive article dives deep, comparing their features, usability, community support, and more, guiding educators and institutions in making an informed decision. The burgeoning demand for democratized education led to the birth of Open edX in 2013, a more accessible, open-source variant.

Moodle 98