article thumbnail

Open Source LMSs Facts and Insight

eLearning 24-7

One of the areas that always gain interest and usage are open source systems, that is to say, free open source code (some are not), to which any organization, company, educational setting, government and so forth can build their own system (often noted as home-grown) and do what they wish with it. Not open source.

article thumbnail

Three Things Learning Practitioners Can Learn from the Open Source Community

Vikas Joshi on Interactive Learning

So, what can we, as learning practitioners, learn from the open source community? For one thing, not every piece of content has to be an original creation. Open source community boasts of several collective accomplishments in the field of software. learning professionals open source strategy'

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

6 Advantages of Using an Open-Source LMS

LearnDash

Should you launch your course on a hosted LMS, or use an open-source option? But if your course is your life’s passion, here are six reasons an open-source LMS will set you up for long-term success. You control your content. You retain your customer data and your community. It happens.

article thumbnail

Future Of Flash Is Open Source

Upside Learning

Adobe, recently announced moving their open-source development to Sourceforge. Looks like a desire to speed up their open-source development around the Flash platform. The new portal called Open@Adobe will hold Adobe’s open source projects in coming days.

article thumbnail

Cost-Effective Training: Leveraging Free Tools and Resources

Learning Rebels

This not only reduces costs but also ensures that the training content is tailored to your organization’s specific needs and context. Free Content Creation Using OER’s Open Educational Resources (OER) are freely accessible, openly licensed materials that can be used for teaching, learning, and research.

Cost 130
article thumbnail

Why EasyGenerator isn’t open source

Challenge to Learn

One of them: open source. The question was: should EasyGenerator become open source or should it stay proprietary. In the end we decided not to go for the open source model en in this blog I will try to explain why. My open source experience is therefore mainly based on these three.

article thumbnail

My Top 10 Tools for Learning 2021

Experiencing eLearning

Most of the elearning content I build for clients is created in Articulate Storyline, part of the Articulate 360 suite. Plus, it’s free and open source, with an active developer community working to extend its functionality and user communities for support. Work: Creating learning experiences for others.

Diigo 565