Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Knowledge Management Remove Theory
article thumbnail

Contest - Win a Free Copy of Digital Habitats via LearnTrends 2009

Tony Karrer

Nancy has been my go to person for all things Communities and Networks and worked with me to create Communities and Networks Connection. So naturally when Nancy and John (with Etienne Wenger) put out the book Digital Habitats; Stewarding Technology for Communities I was very excited. Together they are a formidable team.

article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

They are not predominantly directly related to learning or instructional design or theory (except for one or two); however, they all helped me to see the larger picture, to understand where workplace learning and training fits in, and why and where change is needed. . 9 Training/Performance Management/HPT First Things Fast Allison Rossett.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Social Learning Revolution in eLearning

TalentLMS

The boom in social media and the round-the-clock need to connect in communities is doing wonders for the eLearning industry. While retouching social learning theories is a requirement for this article, we cannot overstate the benefits this effort can incur for training professionals. Why Social Learning? How Social Learning Helps.

article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

The four topics we are planning to deep dive into in the first two weeks are: a) Networked learning, b) Personal Learning Networks, c) MOOCs, and d) Communities of Inquiry. Learning networks are based on the theory of Connectivism, or learning from diverse social webs. Why is building a PLN so critical, especially today?

Network 100
article thumbnail

Integrating Social Learning In The Workplace

Learnnovators

I have been writing about social learning and its related concepts – communities of practices , working out loud and skills for the networked world for quite some time now. Vygotsky and Bandura’s theories dating back to the 1970’s explain the social nature of learning in a great deal of detail.

article thumbnail

eLearning Learning - Best of May

Tony Karrer

Tools - Don't Waste Your Time , May 10, 2009 Informal Learning Technology - eLearning Technology , May 11, 2009 Capture Examples - eLearning Technology , May 29, 2009 Presentation: Blogs in Education - Don't Waste Your Time , May 22, 2009 Top Other Items The following are the top other items based on social signals. Browse eLearning Content

article thumbnail

How to Define & Build Effective R&D Capability in Your Organisation 

Acorn Labs

Knowledge or learning management systems help mitigate information hurdles by acting as living, breathing sources of truth. They are meant to be supplemental to the kind of L&D that happens in the workplace—the theory behind the practical. Blurring the lines between performance management and capability building.