article thumbnail

TCC09: Digital User-Generated Content and Our Emerging Digital Literacy

Experiencing eLearning

“Video mashing, game modding, Youtube, wikis, blogs, and the communities that rise up around them are becoming yet another facet of our communication landscape. But how effective are these expressions in communicating meaning? Liveblogged from the TCC online conference.

Digital 170
article thumbnail

Vision 2016 - An Interview with Todd Kasenberg

Raptivity

More about Todd here: [link] Below are excerpts from the interview: What are some of the key eLearning trends that you think would surface, or pick up, in 2016? I expect to do a lot of experimenting in microlearning in 2016, and hope that others will collaborate and share with the broader learning community what works well, and what doesn’t.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Can You Take the Heat?

CLO Magazine

The debate about global warming still rages, but few of us would argue against the idea that things seem to be heating up, and it is affecting everyone’s behavior. ” Assessing and seeking to understand these relocations and rifts, mash-ups and mismatches will be critical to conservation efforts and sustaining ecosystems in the future.

Mash-up 51
article thumbnail

Don't miss the train!

Learning with e's

I'm just about to hop on a train and make my way up to Milton Keynes for the first time, where tomorrow I'm an external examiner for one of the Open University 's PhD candidates. Before the train arrives, there's just enough time to write a brief review in an extraordinary book that has landed on my desk this week. becomes Web 3.0.

article thumbnail

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

I put up a couple of screencasts that show how to use LinkedIn for Finding Expertise and Searching for Expertise - LinkedIn Answers. This lines up with what I predicted in 2008. Temporary Learning Communities A new batch of Learning Communities emerged. 37) Training Method Trends (27) Examples of eLearning 2.0 (26)

article thumbnail

First Time Visitor Guide

Tony Karrer

Once we've interacted to some level, you might consider linking up with my via LinkedIn - I found this to be a good way to stay connected with people. Start-Up Guides Personal and Group Learning Using Web 2.0 Informal Learning, Communities, Bottom-up vs. eLearning 2.0 - An Immediate, Important Shift eLearning 1.0,

article thumbnail

LCB Question for December - Past Year, Present Challenges, Predictions

Tony Karrer

Authoring in eLearning 2.0 / Add-ins & Mash-ups What do you see as the biggest challenges for 2007? Instead, I now need to get smart on things like community, networks, personal knowledge management and other such topics. Discussion will emerge/increase that SCORM doesn't fit next generation learning. Make a Difference?