Vision 2016 - An Interview with Todd Kasenberg

Raptivity

More about Todd here: [link] Below are excerpts from the interview: What are some of the key eLearning trends that you think would surface, or pick up, in 2016? I think we will see more thinking emerge about how the Experience API (xAPI or Tin Can) can enable informal learning, and how things like impromptu search-based study, so much a part of our lives, can be connected to a learning record store.

Strategies for Implementing Gamification in Your Training

Your Training Edge

In a post entitled “ MOOCs – Gamification – Mash-Up? Having learners get used to receiving system rewards for rating other learners is a fantastic first step to building the necessary community of practice required for 21 st century corporations.”. Both MOOCs and gamification have emerged as dominant forces in training. Massive open online courses (MOOCs) and gamification hit the corporate training world at roughly the same time.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Strategies for Implementing Gamification in Your Training MOOCs

Your Training Edge

In a post entitled “ MOOCs – Gamification – Mash-Up? Having learners get used to receiving system rewards for rating other learners is a fantastic first step to building the necessary community of practice required for 21 st century corporations.”. Both MOOCs and gamification have emerged as dominant forces in training. Massive open online courses (MOOCs) and gamification hit the corporate training world at roughly the same time.

Can You Take the Heat?

CLO Magazine

The debate about global warming still rages, but few of us would argue against the idea that things seem to be heating up, and it is affecting everyone’s behavior. ” Sometimes to their peril and sometimes to their benefit, animals are “packing up and moving,” as well as shifting the timing of seasonal events such as breeding, migration and coming out of hibernation to coincide with earlier springs and autumns.

CLO 41

Don't miss the train!

Learning with e's

I'm just about to hop on a train and make my way up to Milton Keynes for the first time, where tomorrow I'm an external examiner for one of the Open University 's PhD candidates. They conclude that any valid course design should enhance social networking, advance self-direction, enable community and group formation, allow for a variety of assessment methods, and support social filtering and mashing up of feeds.

First Time Visitor Guide

Tony Karrer

Once we've interacted to some level, you might consider linking up with my via LinkedIn - I found this to be a good way to stay connected with people. Start-Up Guides Personal and Group Learning Using Web 2.0 Tools Authoring in eLearning 2.0 / Add-ins & Mash-ups Shift in eLearning from Pure Courseware towards Reference Hybrids Collaborative Learning Using Web 2.0

Guide 101

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

and Quality (11) Social Learning Objects - Flash Cards (9) Learn Trends 2008 (9) New Work and New Work Skills (8) Concept Worker (8) Online Conferences and In-Person Conferences (8) Searching for Expertise - LinkedIn Answers (8) eLearning Learning Launched (7) Learning Communities List (7) Forums vs. Social Networks (7) Blog Learning (7) Good Questions Identify eLearning 2.0 This lines up with what I predicted in 2008.

Mzinga 100

Free L&D webinars for July 2018

Limestone Learning

This webcast will clear up some of the confusion and provide a window into how coaching can help, and explore how to build an effective coaching culture in your organization. Monday, July 9, 2018, 10AM – 11AM PT: Manager Onboarding: 5 Ways to Set New Leaders Up for Success (Free for ATD members) The worst thing organizations can do is hire or promote the most technically competent person to management and not give them the tools for success. What about mash-ups?

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Here at ASTD.first session reviews.Ruth Clark and Tony Karrer.

Mark Oehlert

e-Clippings (Learning As Art) Home Archives Subscribe About My Social Networks « Edu-Gaming in the latest Escapist | Main | Article comparing new Mash-Up tools (Popfly, Pipes, Google) - thanks Sam Adkins » June 03, 2007 Here at ASTD.first session reviews.Ruth Clark and Tony Karrer.

2008 in retrospect

Jay Cross

I’m closing the chapter on 2008 and gearing up for 2009 and beyond. Reality emerges from the interaction of complex adaptive systems; the future is unpredictable; nothing is certain. Marc Rosenberg, Allison Rossett, Barbara Pellow, and I led Up to Speed, an event in NYC for Mimeo. Community Tips for New Leaders (blog). Posted my first video mash-up to YouTube. Looking back, I see lots of smoke but little fire.

CLO 36