article thumbnail

IEEE LTSC xAPI TAG A-OK

Experience API

Shelly Blake-Plock announced last night via LinkedIn that he would be leading a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for IEEE LTSC (Learning Technologies Standards Committee). In his own words, Shelly describes the work in this way: Our initial purpose is to create an IEEE technical report as a reference and implementation guide for xAPI 1.0.3.

article thumbnail

Workshop Pricing, Tools, Volunteering: ID Links 7/5/22

Experiencing eLearning

Although I have relied on Diigo for a long time for saving and tagging bookmarks, the site hasn’t been actively developed in several years. A tool for creating online communities that feel more like a game. Mel Milloway created a game prototype in Twine that tracks in xAPI in 2017. This might be a viable alternative.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Mea culpa

Experience API

To be honest, I am struggling to discern which pieces of work would best support the xAPI community and Rustici Software. There’s good work happening at the IEEE LTSC TAG xAPI , and we’re doing a bit of it. We’re talking about it here frequently, and haven’t reached consensus. We’re active, yes.

article thumbnail

Learning Reflections (part one) – The Ups and Downs of DevLearn: Holly MacDonald

Learning Rebels

This also happened in the expo, where community managers already knew you and greeted you like old friends. Themes: Responsive design, interactive video, gamification and xAPI. My PLN would also connect me to their network, so I was quickly introduced to many new people at the conference – what a BONUS! What got me excited?

DevLearn 213
article thumbnail

Preview of the Learning Solutions and the Learning Performance Ecosystem conferences

Challenge to Learn

This years theme is ‘The convergence of technology and training’ There are three featured panels: The power of community in the new social workplace. Other repeating topics are agile, XAPI, SMe’s as authors and curation. Use and follow the hash tags #LScon and #Ecocon. Bridging the gender gap. The websites.

article thumbnail

Web-Based Authoring Tools for Scalable eLearning Development: The Time Has Come

Web Courseworks

Yes. · Community dashboards allow team. Collaborative review. . · Upload.zip files to media library. · Tagged files are searchable. · Media library tracks files used across different courses. · Support for reusable citations. 2004. · xAPI. · AICC. · LMS, Inc.

article thumbnail

The Only Person Who Behaves Sensibly Is My Tailor

Performance Learning Productivity

Outcomes not Activity Even with today’s interest in the xAPI/TinCan protocol the predominant focus is still on measuring activity. It may be helpful to know that (noun, verb, object) ‘Charles did this’ as xAPI specifies. I am sure that Shaw would have determined we need to do better. This second case falls into the ‘messy’ basket.

Metrics 186