article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing in the Small

Tony Karrer

In Networks and Communities , I discuss the limits of search and how Evaluating Performance of Concept Workers leads us to needing to derive Value from Social Media. When I discuss this concept, some people say, "Oh you mean crowdsourcing." I have some issues with trying to apply this term to what I see happening.

article thumbnail

Shifting sands

Learning with e's

However, society moved on, the world of work changed, and the industrialised processes were replaced by knowledge working. We will also witness the growth of ambient and transient learning communities, which will spring up and thrive for a specific purpose, and then disappear again just as quickly.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Workplace Learning Professionals Next Job - Management Consultant

Tony Karrer

But there was another significant trend in the answers… Learning and Work Converge In a world where Knowledge Work and Learning is Inseparable , finding ways to support and improve work is the same as finding ways to support and improve learning. Who in an organization is responsible for supporting and improving work?

article thumbnail

Needed Skills for New Media

Tony Karrer

In other words, in a world with Wikipedia, blogs, social networking, etc. - not to mention in a world of Google as the interface to knowledge - what new skills, techniques and tools do we need? I saw Henry Jenkins speak at the eLearningGuild's Annual Gathering and I must confess that I was a bit critical.

Scanning 108
article thumbnail

Agile instructional design

Jay Cross's Informal Learning

Old-style training enraged many managers because it was separate from work. Why isn’t Sally at work today? It needn’t be this way, particularly since knowledge work and learning are nearly indistinguishable. Most corporate learning today can take place simultaneously with work. Because she’s in training.

article thumbnail

19 Insider Secrets About Selecting An LMS

Spark Your Interest

They diverted the money they were spending on the ongoing maintenance and hired an instructional designer with LMS knowledge. Working together they identified an LMS that met their needs, was easy to use, and only had a modest cost. They work with your training and IT teams to help you through the process. Your LMS Requirements.

LMS 263
article thumbnail

Working Smarter eFieldbook $12

Jay Cross

Working smarter is the key to sustainability and continuous improvement. Knowledge work and learning to work smarter are becoming indistinguishable. The accelerating rate of change in business forces everyone in every organization to make a choice: learn while you work or become obsolete. COMMUNITIES 78.