article thumbnail

Desire2Learn Mobile FLV - eLearning from Last Week

Tony Karrer

Here what eLearning Learning thinks is the most interesting stuff from last week. May 7, 2009 Learning as a Network , May 7, 2009 Is there no room for Informal Learning? , May 7, 2009 Learning as a Network , May 7, 2009 Is there no room for Informal Learning? ,

article thumbnail

Best Practices for Blended Learning Design

Web Courseworks

Association educational leaders who are responsible for developing adult learning programs often struggle with defining what makes for a quality educational program, especially one that relies heavily on technology. I witnessed second hand what I believe to be an example of best practice for blended learning design. Branded Provider.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best Practices for Blended Learning Design

Web Courseworks

Association educational leaders who are responsible for developing adult learning programs often struggle with defining what makes for a quality educational program, especially one that relies heavily on technology. I witnessed second hand what I believe to be an example of best practice for blended learning design. Branded Provider.

article thumbnail

Learning Management Systems: The wrong place to start learning

Coursy

By George Siemens Introduction Learning Management Systems (LMS) are often viewed as being the starting point (or critical component) of any elearning or blended learning program. This perspective is valid from a management and control standpoint, but antithetical to the way in which most people learn today.

LMS 52
article thumbnail

The grades are in for Education focused LMSs

eLearning 24-7

Most systems in the education space are still strongly focused on synchronous based learning. Other cool components that are part of this system, Community Content Commons – repository of learning objects, resources – created, vetted and assessed by the Epsilen community, external content providers including CSIS and PBS.

article thumbnail

eLearning Conferences

Tony Karrer

Once again, Clayton Wright has been nice enough to compile an incredible list of conferences focused on use of technology in learning. link] cfp_edu.htm January 5-8, 2009 College Teaching and Learning Conference and Applied Business Research Conference sponsored by the Clute Institute for Academic Research, Oahu, Hawaii, USA.

article thumbnail

E-Learning Q&A November Issue

eLearning 24-7

In this riveting issue we will be covering the international e-learning scene, my State of the Industry LMS Report – specifically the Top 50, LMS ROI, e-learning costs and web conferencing. I’m curious to know what you are seeing in other countries regarding e-learning? Let’s jump right in.

Issue 69