Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove IM Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

TCC08: What can Educators Learn from Online Religious Communities?

Experiencing eLearning

This is another liveblogged post from the TCC 2008 conference. Based on seminar where doctoral students created online community projects. The seminar raised a question about whether online religious communities could be a model for online educational experiences. Used wiki for communication with a church small group.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

TCC08: Cultural Diversity in Online Education

Experiencing eLearning

I am again liveblogging during the Technology, Colleges, and Community (TCC) 2008 conference. Using a common language helps to build a learning community. Important to create a learning environment where everyone can feel comfortable with the diversity they bring to the community. Be open to learning from them.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC09: Digital Learning Environments: Context Sensitive and Imaginative Classes in Second Life

Experiencing eLearning

Just IM her (Lyr Lobo) and ask for I think Holiday Fun 2008. How do you build community? You have cultural decisions to make about how you build community. Tags: Games & Simulations Higher Ed e-Learning Cynthia Calongne Second Life TCC09. Group Work. Friend list. Give a card. Q: What is hardest?

article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: 8 Random Facts About Me

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8 Random Facts About Me Michele Martin of The Bamboo Project has tagged me for the 8 Random Facts About me meme. 3) I went to the same high school as presidential candidate Oback Barama (although Im 7 years younger and have never laid eyes on him in person). Its the first time Ive been tagged for a meme too.

IM 100
article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Big Basket of Stuff #1: Wikis, IMs, and 3D

Mark Oehlert

» March 05, 2008 Big Basket of Stuff #1: Wikis, IMs, and 3D Pardon this hodge podge but I have waaayyy too many items to get through them individually and quite frankly the number of tabs I have open is getting a little scary. " Meebo is hoping that Web site owners will take this as an opportunity to build a community."

Wiki 32
article thumbnail

Learning Developments: I'm not yet Captivated by Lectora

Learning Developments

Jan 13, 2009 Im not yet Captivated by Lectora Im putting together a self-paced web-based training course for how to order textbooks using a PeopleSoft application. Im using Lectora to develop a SCORM package that will eventually be imported and used in the LMS. For now, Im focusing on the Captivate integration.

Lectora 40
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: My Online Visual Identity

Learning Visions

So Im going to try to mix it up a bit. Im still smiling. But Im wearing a different purple shirt. I should also show you pictures of me where Im not smiling. Blogger is not respecting my closing anchor tag. Although Im professional, I do have many faces. Usually, Im the one with the camera.

IM 100