article thumbnail

Survey: Are you ready, willing and able to support learning in the new social workplace?

Jane Hart

Some time ago I wrote a blog post about how I believed that as social businesses emerge, and new social and collaboration platforms (or social intranets) are introduced into enterprises, L&D will have an extended role in the organisation in order to support the new community and collaboration skills that will be required to underpin a successul (..)

Survey 201
article thumbnail

Exploring medical technologies

Learning with e's

Indeed, my top three all-time cited academic publications are: Wikis, blogs and podcasts : A new generation of web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education (2006) The emerging Web 2.0 The rest, as they say, is history. Unported License.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

John Seeley Brown Keynote at #ASTD2013

Learning Visions

Building a community of peer-mentors. Using simple social software to create a network of practice or a community of practice. Much of the real work and learning happens in the emergent – so how do we really support this? Much of the real work and learning happens in the emergent – so how do we really support this?

article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. This is especially true of communities in enterprises.

article thumbnail

100 eLearning Articles and White Papers

Tony Karrer

Managing the Complexity of Forming an Online Networking Community: 14. Innovate: Moving from Theory to Real-World Experiences in an e-Learning Community 15. Building community in an online learning environment: communication, cooperation and collaboration 16. & Communities 2.0 Storyboards & eLearning (Pt.

Wiki 147
article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Introducing The Conversation Prism eLearning Trends 2007 and 2008 TechCrunch White Label Social Networking Platforms Chart How to Insert YouTube Videos in PowerPoint Presentations LinkedIn Tips and Tweaks: Do More with your LinkedIn Account Introduction to Wikis, Blogs, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking and RSS Corporate Policies on Web 2.0

article thumbnail

DevLearn ‘09 Keynote: Andrew McAfee #dl09

Learning Visions

is the use of emergent social software platforms by organizations in pursuit of their goals.” This is common in open source community. Build communities that people want to join – that are interesting. Challenges to core assumptions: how work gets done, how people get on with each other. Question Credentialism.

DevLearn 100