article thumbnail

TOPYX LMS is a Member of the IMS Global Learning Consortium

TOPYX LMS

Did you know that being a member of the IMS Global Learning Consortium distinguishes a learning management system (LMS)? If an LMS is affiliated with the IMS Global Learning Consortium, it is a quality eLearning system that was designed with the highest standards of performance in mind. What is the IMS Global Learning Consortium?

IM 0
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Learning Visions

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 Learning Visions Im Cammy Bean and this is my little corner of the world where I talk about instructional design and topics somewhat related to eLearning. Most of that time, Ive worked for eLearning vendors: companies that design and develop eLearning programs for a wide variety of corporate clients.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 8 FREE Open Source LMSs

eLearning 24-7

Have an active community of developers – people who constantly contribute to the system. One of my favorites is browser check because while vendors say their systems are browser agnostic, I have found in many systems this not to be the case. Still a strong free open source platform with a strong committed community.

article thumbnail

AICC and SCORM Compliance: The Benefits for Your e-Learning

Trivantis

That’s a bit like what was happening in the e-Learning community before SCORM was established. In the late 1990s, each learning management system had its own proprietary content format, which encouraged vendor lock-in. You had to use that vendor’s tools to create e-Learning that worked with that LMS, or your content wouldn’t play.

AICC 63
article thumbnail

A Complete List of Free Stock Image Sites for E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Free Stock Images in the Community. Of course, the elearning community has all sorts of free stock images. Here’s a list of free stock image sites that require some sort of registration or are supported by commercial vendors. Tied to commercial vendors. IM Creator : many free for commercial use; some require attribution.

Stock 40
article thumbnail

Four Industry Announcements

Kapp Notes

All of the e-Learning specifications are captured- from SCORM and AICC to IMS, PENS and LETSI RTWS. Funded by Rustici Software (aka scorm.com ), the eLearning Atlas is a completely free resource available to the community- for training professionals looking for the right provider and companies that want to list their products.

Industry 157
article thumbnail

2011 LMS Award Winners plus a quick note on m-learning

eLearning 24-7

What has been applying is the term mobile learning and how it it pitched to consumers in the e-learning sector, especially with LMS/LCMS/Learning platform vendors. If at a minimum you can implement at least one of these features (and yes, there are content authoring tool and LMS vendors who have it/working on it now), that works for me.

LMS 75