article thumbnail

Collaboration and community skills are the new workplace skills

Jane Hart

And Maria Ogneva agrees in her blog post, This is not your parents’ software training , when she talks about how organisations should approach Yammer “training”. My Internet Time Alliance colleague, Harold Jarche, refers to this as modelling, not shaping.

Community 200
article thumbnail

Surfing the Net: Waste of Time or Personal Directed Learning.

Dashe & Thomson

Our conversation centered on whether or not companies should limit their employees’ use of the internet and social media while at work. One friend mentioned that her company doesn’t allow her to use the internet, period, because they expect her full attention to be on patients for the entire day. And she felt this to be acceptable.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter for Learning – 55 Great Articles

Tony Karrer

- Business Casual , December 23, 2008 Conversation + Twitter - Informal Learning , March 26, 2009 Tweetdeck Makes Twitter Make Sense - Litmos , February 5, 2009 Twitter and Conferences, Webinars and Backchannel Twitter Conference Ideas - eLearning Technology , January 30, 2009 Twitter and Webinars - eLearning Technology , May 14, 2009 TWITTER - Backchannel (..)

Twitter 278
article thumbnail

The next normal

E-Learning Provocateur

There will never be a better opportunity for tapping social tools like Microsoft Teams, Yammer, Jive, etc to unlock the knowledge trapped in the LMS and other stores of information all through your organization. That is just one of many possibilities. Look outside your organization to see what others are doing. And so back to me.

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Here’s what Torrey has to say about PLNs: In 1968, Licklider & Taylor predicted that computers would be used as communication devices where individuals would connect and converse with others around the world to discuss a shared topic of interest. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e.,

article thumbnail

The Connected Educator: Building a Professional Learning Network

Allison Rossett

Here’s what Torrey has to say about PLNs: In 1968, Licklider & Taylor predicted that computers would be used as communication devices where individuals would connect and converse with others around the world to discuss a shared topic of interest. Both Edmodo and the Ning sites have smaller interest-based community groups (i.e.,

article thumbnail

Internet Time Blog » yammer

Jay Cross

(..)

Yammer 36