article thumbnail

Yammer for internal knowledge sharing for health care and policy making

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

What is Yammer? Yammer is booming, especially in the Nederland within Europe. Many companies have started their Yammer groups for rapid internal exchange. If you don't know Yammer: Yammer is kind of Twitter (micro-blogging) service which can be used within organisation, so it is not public like on Twitter.

Yammer 163
article thumbnail

They’re not like us

E-Learning Provocateur

This heuristic maintains that in a typical online community, only 1% of the members create new content, while the remaining 99% lurk. Of course, these ratios assume a participating population; they don’t account for the proportion of the membership that is disengaged with the community. In a nutshell, they’re not like us.

Yammer 255
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Surfing the Net: Waste of Time or Personal Directed Learning.

Dashe & Thomson

Social Learning Blog Training and Performance Improvement in the Real World Home About Bios Subscribe to RSS Surfing the Net: Waste of Time or Personal Directed Learning? Most of my PDL is done reading daily news articles, marketing blogs, adult learning webinars and more via the internet. Properly d.

article thumbnail

Twitter for Learning – 55 Great Articles

Tony Karrer

- Business Casual , December 23, 2008 Conversation + Twitter - Informal Learning , March 26, 2009 Tweetdeck Makes Twitter Make Sense - Litmos , February 5, 2009 Twitter and Conferences, Webinars and Backchannel Twitter Conference Ideas - eLearning Technology , January 30, 2009 Twitter and Webinars - eLearning Technology , May 14, 2009 TWITTER - Backchannel (..)

Twitter 278
article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Community members learn together, share feedback, take onus of building the domain.

article thumbnail

6 Steps To Creating Learning Ecosystems (And Why You Should Bother)

Learnnovators

social networks (yammer, chatter). formal learning elements (micro videos, webinars, workshops). work based learning mechanisms (action learning projects) and much, much more. Learning can only happen when a child is interested. Similarly, formal learning can help shape and direct informal learning.

article thumbnail

Business applications of Twitter

E-Learning Provocateur

The latest warm & fuzzy activity undertaken by its staff for the community. Well, you can do that with Yammer – a Twitter-like platform that allows you to set up a “group&# comprising your employees only. For example, I use Twitter as an international community of practice. What could your company tweet about?

Twitter 198