Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Social Remove Strategy
article thumbnail

The differences between social professional networks and communities of practice

Matrix

The meaning of ‘community’ has changed drastically with the spread of the internet and the rise of all the social networks. No longer confined by geography, people who share the same interests can connect, share and grow as a community online. Organizational value of online communities.

article thumbnail

Effective Community Management: Best Practices for Success

learnWorlds

Well, this is where community management swoops in as the game-changer. Companies that build strong learning communities , as found by Salesforce in 2021, are 3.5 The latest study from IBM showed that online learning communities can boost employee productivity by a whopping 20%. But it’s not just students.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ASAE 2010 Annual: Leaders of Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Associations are the hub of activity for "communities of practice.” Communities of practice are voluntary. Professionals join to gain access to peers, best practices, and education. What makes associations successful as communities of practice? Learning Made Portable (Monday, 8/23, 8:30-9:45 a.m.).

article thumbnail

ASAE Annual: A Gathering of People Who Build Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

What makes the Association market space so interesting to me and others involved in eLearning is that for individual professional development and for community building, Associations is where it all takes place; or at least, it should. According to Wikipedia here is the definition. “A

article thumbnail

Community of improvement?

Clark Quinn

In a conversation I had recently, specifically about a community focused on research, I used the term ‘community of improvement’, and was asked how that was different than a community of practice. First, let me say that a community of practice could be, and should be, a community of improvement.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Organizations as Communities - Part 1

ID Reflections

This is not merely about implementing a few collaboration tools or putting in place an Enterprise Social Network (ESN) with the diktat to “collaborate”. It requires a complete re-imagining of how business gets done.

Community 114
article thumbnail

A Brief Introduction – Communities of Practice Manager

The Learning Circuits

As Ryann mentioned in a previous post, I’m the Community of Practice Manager for Learning Technologies at ASTD. In this role, I engage with the community and help build ASTD’s portfolio of content—from T+D articles to books to educational programs to conferences and beyond. and its role in deciphering an AIDS causing protein.