Thinking About Social Media

Kapp Notes

One thing about Social Media is that new technologies claiming to be a new form of Socail Media are being introduced almost daily. To help determine if a new technology qualifies as Social Media or not, Li and Benoff (2008) in their book Groundswell created a list of questions to consider when determining if technology should be included as Knowledge Media. Does the community generate enough content to sustain itself? Knowledge Media social media

Brain science meets social media

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

They interviewed various scientists and are translating new insights from brain science into practical consequences for organising effective learning situations. I'm working a lot with sociale media and communities of practice. Both are means to make learning processes stronger and more effective. I'm very happy to work with Ria van Dinteren to prepare a session on Brein meets social media on the 16th of February in the Netherlands.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

My professional use of social media and communication tools

Challenge to Learn

I noticed that I use more and more social media tools and different tools to communicate. Easy to use and very effective. ELearninglearning is the one I use most intense, but there are more like ‘ Working smarter Daily ‘ Social media. For me Linkedin is the central social application, my tweets and blog post are also published on my Linkedin page, it is my professinal homepage on the web. Communities.

8 Game-Changing Social Media Tips to Grow Your Business

ProProfs

Are you still not convinced about the power of social media and the benefits it offers for your business? But when you begin your activity on social media, knowing where to begin is easier said than done. So, consider these game-changing social media tips that will help you grow your business: 1. That’s where social media comes in. When followers glance at your social profiles, it enables them to understand what you’re all about.

7 lessons how to use social media in an event with social media beginners

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Last year we've experimented with various social media to improve a sharing event for about 100 participants (for more details see my older blogpost ). This is not too difficult when all your participants are social media adepts, you announce your hashtags and off they go. However, in this case the majority wasn't actively using social media. So how can you still use social media? social media elearning

Social Media for Trainers: Filled with Great Ideas and Techniques

Kapp Notes

Social Media for Trainers is a great book for understanding the ways to leverage social media to extend training beyond the traditional four walls. She starts with a basic description of social media and then covers all the biggies, Twitter, Facebook(online communities), Blogs, and wikis. Social Media for Trainers is a practical, intelligent book teaching trainers how to effectively utilize technology for real learning outcomes."

Competition Finalist 4: Top 10 Startup Social Media Curation Tools for Social Learning in the Workplace

eFront

will help you efficiently and effectively build your online presence. is a one-stop shop for social media and content curation publishing. When you post on your topic page, you can easily share to your social networks including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Learnist is the latest social media curation tool for education , still in beta! SymbalooEdu is a social media curation tool, great resource for teachers.

Blog Book Tour: Social Media for Trainers--stop #9

ID Reflections

#SoMe for Trainers: Beating the Forgetting Curve This is the 9th stop of the Blog Book Tour for Jane Bozarth's new book, S ocial Media for Trainers. With her focus on the main tools that have grabbed “global imagination” namely, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and Wikis, Jane Bozarth writes a lucid, eminently readable account of what technology has to offer in terms of Social Media tools and their position in the sphere of learning.

Social Media for Trainers: Filled with Great Ideas and Techniques

Kapp Notes

Social Media for Trainers is a great book for understanding the ways to leverage social media to extend training beyond the traditional four walls. She starts with a basic description of social media and then covers all the biggies, Twitter, Facebook(online communities), Blogs, and wikis. Social Media for Trainers is a practical, intelligent book teaching trainers how to effectively utilize technology for real learning outcomes."

Using Social Media to Drive Social Learning

ATD Learning Technologies

The ATD and i4cp study Instructional Design Now: A New Age of Learning and Beyond reported in early 2015 that social learning was in use by fewer than three in 10 organizations. However, another 46 percent of surveyed talent development professionals said they were considering social learning for future use or had it in development, suggesting significant anticipated growth. Here’s a look at the full results: Make access to social learning easy and fast; 68%.

A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Take Your Social Media Strategy to the Next Level

mysimpleshow

Can you name a brand, product, or service that has zero presence on social media? Most brands you know have already built some kind of presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other social sites. To get their attention, you have to take your social media marketing approach to the next level. How many blog posts and social media posts will you share? You can use Story Slicer to make it digestible for social media users.

10 Social Media Tools For Learning

The eLearning Coach

Do you have a training or information need that could benefit from a social media strategy? So here are descriptions of ten applications representing different social media technologies that promote learning. Key features include recording through a microphone or mixer, digitizing recordings from tapes, audio editing, importing and exporting audio files, effects and quality adjustments. Category: Social Networking Platform.

The Angry Birds Community: Social Learning Utopia?

Dashe & Thomson

Angry Birds – the game – can certainly be used as a model for eLearning; it has all the attributes that make for effective game-based learning: immediate rewards and feedback, increasingly challenging tasks, focus on action and decision-making. Of course, actually creating effective eLearning with the same level of fun and excitement as Angry Birds would be a tall order, but it’s a worthy goal. I’m not sure what it is about Angry Birds that made it so popular, but it works for me.

Integrating The Top 5 Social Media Platforms Into Your eLearning Course

TalentLMS

Social media is an integral part of our lives. Each and every day we log on to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social networks to catch up on the latest news and reach out to friends and family. Social media platforms can also be an invaluable tool in eLearning course design. In recent years social media sites have steadily risen in popularity. Here are some useful tips for each of the 5 top social media platforms.

How to Navigate Social Media (and Avoid Information Overload)

Rapid eLearning

There’s a lot of conversation about social media. The community forums are a great resource for quick help from others who build rapid elearning courses. As you can see from the example above, if you use Articulate products there’s an entire network of people and an active community for you to be part of. And that is usually the case in any community where you share common interests. Not only is social media good for you, it’s good for your learners.

6 Ways to Advertise Your Online Course

LearnDash

Instead, they’ve taken the long, hard path of content marketing : blogging almost daily, engaging on social media, and cultivating networking connections to grow word-of-mouth. This strategy is effective, but it takes a lot of work. Social media ads.

Course 177

How to Do Video Marketing on Social Media for Course Creators with Jason Hsiao from Animoto

LifterLMS

How to do video marketing on social media for course creators with Jason Hsiao from Animoto in this episode of LMScast with Chris Badgett of LifterLMS. Most course creators use video, but if you have not tried it out, we encourage you to try it as it is highly effective for teaching. Animoto is a simple way to produce great looking videos that will stand out on social media. Targeting is one of the most powerful aspects of social media marketing.

5 Online Engagement Strategies

Your Training Edge

Behind building Communities are People, Not tools. I have observed quite a lot of time that online social engagement keeps to fall back on the tools a business adopts for sharing and spreading brand message. The community manager, the advocates and influencers would either make or break the success of business’s online initiatives. Can businesses determine those in their community that can be their advocates? Can they identify those in community that are influencers?

Twitter, Social Media, Design, & Color

Big Dog, Little Dog

10 Ways Social Media will Change in 2009 - Read Write Web. Social media" was the term du jour in 2008. We have social media gurus, social media startups, social media books, and social media firms. It is now common practice among corporations to hire social media strategists, assign community managers, and launch social media campaigns, all designed to tap into the power of social media.

Do You Need a Mentor or a Network?

Experiencing eLearning

Maria is impressed by how effectively Jack builds relationships with his clients, and she wanted to learn more about his strategy. Filed under: Communities , Lifelong Learning , Social Media. Communities Lifelong Learning Social Media Harold Jarche mentoringMaria often works from her local coffee shop. She always engages in a bit of people watching while she’s there.

Social Media, Word of Mouth, and the Cynefin Framework

Skilful Minds

Brand strategies are most effective when based in the design and delivery of business services themselves. Tags: Customer Communities Customer Experience Experience Design Social Networks social media brand co-creation community Customer Experience Management Cynefin Framework dialogue WOM word of mouth Speaking the language of customer-centricity is not good enough. Companies must talk-the talk and walk-the-walk for brand strategy.

Managing Diversity through Community Management

ID Reflections

On the positive front, I have been doing a lot of reading—mostly around organizational behavior, organizational development, culture and diversity, motivation and communication, and how these relate to social business and knowledge management. As a community manager and social business evangelist in a highly distributed and diverse organization, I’ve begun to realize not only the value of but the critical need to understand these aspects.

Drivers of Yammer use in the corporate sector

E-Learning Provocateur

So I recently invited 14 community managers from around the world to rate the key factors that drive Yammer use in their respective organisations. The importance of this factor is unsurprising, given the effectiveness of WOM in the marketing industry. The placement of Community Manager at this tier pleasantly surprised me, given the pool of respondents. In summary, then, we see that enterprise social networking is multifaceted.

Yammer 163

Webinar - Skills - Social Media - Best of eLearning Learning - July 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

Your Social Learning System As A Profit Center. The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals. LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers - eLearning Technology , July 6, 2009 How to use LinkedIn more effectively as part of your knowledge work. Social Business Design: Insights from HP’s WaterCooler - Skilful Minds , July 15, 2009 We need to begin seriously discussing “how Social Media Thinking will impact the greater whole of the company.&#.

5 Digital Marketing Trends that will explode Your Brand Awareness

Your Training Edge

Because of that, we went ahead and made this list to be your guidance when using the internet and analogically social media as your marketing tool: Relevancy wins the war. Apart from this, Social Bloom is a powerful Instagram growth service that grows your Instagram for online Business in 2018. However, you have to additionally make your audience a community, not merely being a money making machine. Building a community is a slow but steady way to go.

Market 143

6 Ways Brands Can Be More Authentic on Social Media

ProProfs

Take a Look at How These Brands Proved Their Authenticity: Here Are a Few Brands That Are Truly Authentic on Social Media-. The combination of their quality and approach to social media trends has resulted in the emergence of dedicated communities online. Brand Authenticity on Social Media. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that buyers’ behavior is today influenced by what they see on social media.

Drivers of Yammer use in the corporate sector

E-Learning Provocateur

So I recently invited 14 community managers from around the world to rate the key factors that drive Yammer use in their respective organisations. The importance of this factor is unsurprising, given the effectiveness of WOM in the marketing industry. The placement of Community Manager at this tier pleasantly surprised me, given the pool of respondents. In summary, then, we see that enterprise social networking is multifaceted.

Yammer 103

Sharepoint for Learning and Communication: How can corporate learning and development staff use it more effectively?

Bottom-Line Performance

I’m going to address two common issues that arise when using collaboration spaces (whether SharePoint or another tool) 1) Organizing the content and 2) Building community. If you’re interested in learning more, the Social Media in Learning blog is a great place to start! Tags: learning design project management of learning solutions collaboration spaces SharePoint Social Media

Creating an eLearning Portfolio Using Your Community Content

Trivantis

One of my favorite (and lesser-known) features on the Trivantis® Community is the ability to share Lectora® courses. As a diehard developer turned Community Manager, I still get the itch to play around in Lectora, so I love it when I have an excuse to create something new. If you are creating content that you’d love to get out into the world, there’s no better way than to place all your shared titles in one place on the Community, then link them to your portfolio. Community

Recommended Reading Summary: A Chapter of “Emerging Technologies for the Classroom”

Adobe Captivate

Chapter 9: “ Like, Comment, Share: Collaboration and Civic Engagement Within Social Network Sites ,” by Greenhow and Lee, in Emerging Technologies for the Classroom: A Learning Sciences Perspective. Social media and social networking sites allow individuals and groups to collaborate and learn together. Social media has a different impact on the learning experience, compared to technology that is often utilized in the learning environment.

Technology as a Scapegoat

Kapp Notes

It is the growing (in every corner of the world) of the gap between those in power and those who are not in power, it is a reflection of economic unfairness, it is not because we now have social media. Social media is a tool for accomplishing goals, it is not magic. So for all of these so called social media experts and “pundits&# to blame, credit or hold social media up on a pedestal as the reason for events…they are totally missing cause and effect.

How technology is impacting Learning & Development teams

Your Training Edge

Due to the increasing competition and growing popularity of online training and education tools such as MOOCs, video training, online demonstration and simulation, discussion boards, leader boards, distance learning tools like webinars etc, leading organizations in view of technology change in these areas, are abandoning conventional modes of learning and replacing these with more effective solutions [2].

Teams 156

Gamification Basics

Web Courseworks

Gain Social Media Muscle – Strive to generate group discussion and create reasons for learners to log in again and again. Build Community - An effective game tackles a real problem within an industry and offers a real solution. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) — an organization that deals with a global community of athletes and coaches — leverage d our simulation engine to engage its target audience through scenario-based learning designed to address.

Motivation is More Important Than Information

Association eLearning

In cases like these, introducing awards and recognition programs, or even consequences for non-compliance, can be more effective than a webinar or self-paced course. I inherited a “blackboard” poster from a friend. I can write on it with chalk, erase it, and use it again. But I don’t. It still says the same thing it did the day I received it: “Knowing What To Do. ≠. Doing It. Motivation > Information”. It’s absolutely true.

Hello from Our New Community Coordinator!

OpenSesame

I’m Sarah Nanbu, the Community Coordinator here at OpenSesame. What exactly is a Community Coordinator?,” Well, the role is part customer support and part social media coordination (and all awesome, in my opinion). When it comes to social media, I can’t get enough! I think it’s a powerful and effective tool to build community and share information, and I love learning about different platforms, channels, and best practices.

The Human Factor: Moderators in a Creative Online Community by Mary Arnold

Learning Solutions Magazine

In online communities, members can produce tremendous amounts of content. In closely moderated communities, members submit more work, and get more feedback than members of communities with no active moderator. Here’s an exploration of what the most effective moderators do that makes a big difference. Content Management Future Trends Getting Started Management Strategies Social Media

7 Characteristics Of A Digital Mindset

Learnnovators

The digital five forces – Social Media, Big Data, Mobility and Pervasive Computing, Cloud, and AI and Robotics – are disintermediating, disrupting and deconstructing the old world order. What is often happening are piecemeal and fragmented approach at attempts to use Big Data or Social Media or the affordances of the Cloud. It requires people with different mental models and divergent worldviews to do so effectively.

Boots On The Ground: Introducing A Community of Practice at Bechtel by Paul Drexler and Ani Mukerji

Learning Solutions Magazine

A key activity for learning and development groups is supporting the growth and effectiveness of. informal and collaborative learning among employees or members of a community of practice. Social and mobile technologies are essential to success, as this case study illustrates. Management Strategies Social MediaThis is. essential (and inspiring) reading for all! Future Trends Learning 2.0

Next-Generation CME

Web Courseworks

An effective continuing medical education (CME) system is crucial for keeping diverse medical professionals apprised of advances in their respective fields. While most healthcare research dollars are spent developing new treatments, an increasing fraction is going to research on CME: how to more effectively disseminate new knowledge and skills throughout the medical community. New White Paper Surveys Recent Research on CME. The field of medicine is constantly evolving.

Top 5 tips to gain buy in for learning with social media

Saffron Interactive

We’ve all have heard stories or witnessed some of the powers of social media, so why not apply some of these success stories by embracing these technologies and embedding them to your learning strategy. Ask yourself what your learning and development goals and objectives are for engaging in social media. There are still reservations surrounding social media.