Remove Collaborative Learning Remove Community Remove Informal Learning Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Informal Learning Part 2 from Jay Cross: Informal learning is like a bicycle ride

ID Reflections

Informal learnign, on the other hand, is like a solo bicycle ride. Tags: corporate training communities of practice collaborative learning social learning informal learning. I can change my own direction, go where I want, stop when I want to and take a break. A great simile.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

The problem in executing this shift is not in setting up these new learning environments and communities, but rather in embracing the change. When moving to an environment of innovative and collaborative learning, managers lose an enormous amount of control over the training destinies of their staff. Yeah, right.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Quotes and excerpts on the need for Learning 2.0 from the Best of T+D: 2007-2009

ID Reflections

Shaffer in How Computer Games Help Children Learn (quoted by Harold Jarche in T+D) Creativity is a conversation--a tension--between individuals working on individual problems, and the professional communities they belong to. In a flattened learning system, there are fewer experts and more fellow learners on paths that may cross.

article thumbnail

Collaborative Learning Lessons from Wikipedia (and Small Insects.

Dashe & Thomson

On their own, ants and bees can rarely see the big picture, but as a community they make the right decisions, time after time. Search the blog Popular Latest Comments Tags Web-Based, Instructor-Led, EPSS? The trick of course for trainers is to harness this energy but not try to co-opt it. Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.

Wikipedia 124
article thumbnail

The Working Smarter Fieldbook: A Glimpse and Some Thoughts

ID Reflections

Image via Wikipedia "Collaboration is a process through which people who see different aspects of a problem can constructively explore their differences and search for the solution that go beyond their own limited vision of what is possible." ~ Anecdote And informal learning is hinged on collaboration.

article thumbnail

SkillSoft's inGenius: About adding meaningful context.

ID Reflections

Because it is a part of SkillSoft, it will be perceived as a more secure way of collaborating and is likely to get more buy in from enterprises 4. Collaborative features/informal learning features and are essentially bottom up. Source: SkillSoft Raises the Bar for e-Learning with its inGenius Social Learning Layer ).

SkillSoft 100
article thumbnail

Trust--The Cornerstone of Collaboration

ID Reflections

Paul on Buzz : In order to face head-on the challenges of enterprise collaboration, informal learning and other change related terms, this question needs thoroughly investigating from a variety of perspectives with the desired outcome a mutual acceptance of the challenges that will invariably lie ahead.

Trust 135