article thumbnail

Social Media for Knowledge Workers

Tony Karrer

Last week I had a presentation around using Social Media and Web 2.0 tools to improve your performance as a knowledge worker. That said, I thought it would be worthwhile for me to collect a few of the resources that provide good starting points that can help Knowledge Workers improve their performance using Social Media.

article thumbnail

Webinar - Skills - Social Media - Best of eLearning Learning - July 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

The following are the top items from featured sources based on social signals. LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers - eLearning Technology , July 6, 2009 How to use LinkedIn more effectively as part of your knowledge work. Social Media in Learning: Handbook, Toolkit, Workshop, Community & Blog , July 25, 2009.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Introducing The Conversation Prism eLearning Trends 2007 and 2008 TechCrunch White Label Social Networking Platforms Chart How to Insert YouTube Videos in PowerPoint Presentations LinkedIn Tips and Tweaks: Do More with your LinkedIn Account Introduction to Wikis, Blogs, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking and RSS Corporate Policies on Web 2.0

article thumbnail

Shifting sands

Learning with e's

However, society moved on, the world of work changed, and the industrialised processes were replaced by knowledge working. For example, social media is encouraging learners not only to discover existing knowledge, it is also enabling them to create, repurpose, organise and share new knowledge.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing in the Small

Tony Karrer

In Networks and Communities , I discuss the limits of search and how Evaluating Performance of Concept Workers leads us to needing to derive Value from Social Media. The common threads here are: People Networks To me, the biggest work literacy gap is in this area. The new skill is.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn Guide for Knowledge Workers

Tony Karrer

I do a lot of presentations where one of the topics is how to use LinkedIn more effectively as part of your knowledge work. Directory of Social Networks for Learning Professionals – Includes learning networks that are outside LinkedIn as well. Learning Communities List – Also learning communities including some LinkedIn groups.

article thumbnail

Hot List

Tony Karrer

There are some very cool new features especially our hot list feature coming out soon on the eLearning Learning Content Community. The site is beginning to take into account social signals. We are particularly excited that this capability will soon allow us to have a weekly post that highlights hot list for the week.

Mzinga 100