article thumbnail

Communities and connections

Learning with e's

Photo by Airina Volungevi?ien? I told my audience at the outset that I would not attempt to educate them, because they are far too sophisticated and knowledgeable community of experts and professionals. Unported License. These are presented at the very end of my keynote. Posted by Steve Wheeler from Learning with e's.

article thumbnail

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

In this post, I extend this idea into the work Lave did with Etienne Wenger, which has become known as Communities of Practice. The work of Lave and Wenger advances this concept, turning its focus to the people who make up the learning communities we are all a part of. Unported License. Previous posts in this series: 1.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Free Stock Photos Sites for e-Learning

eFront

News from the e-learning frontier Pages Home About Community Free e-Learning Resources Contribute to the e-Learning Community 10/24/2010 Free Stock Photos Sites for e-Learning As an e-Learning developer I had to invest a lot of time to find images for my e-Learning projects. Morgue File An easy to use free photo site.

Stock 111
article thumbnail

Supporting online learners

Learning with e's

Photo by Steve Wheeler I have just published a third module in my series on digital learning for the ZilLearn platform. Supporting Online Learners by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Support 98
article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 1

Learning with e's

Social Software and Developing Community Ontologies. Photo by Steve Wheeler Engaging online learners 1 by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Warburton (Eds.) Hershey, NY: Information Science Reference.

Wiki 76
article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 5

Learning with e's

Photo from Pixabay This series is about how teachers can improve engagement for online learners (see links below for previous posts in the series). Interaction between students, and with their teacher, is vital to maintain engagement and also to create a learning community. Unported License.

Learner 88
article thumbnail

Engaging online learners 2

Learning with e's

Photo from Pxhere In my previous blog post I remarked that engaging learners can be difficult in any context, but is often harder in online environments. Social Software and Developing Community Ontologies. Unported License. I also mentioned a very useful model that promotes creative, collaboration online writing.

Wiki 55