LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

Sense-making with PKM. PKM is a set of problem-solving skills for work, focused on getting things done but not necessarily task focused. More important advances in the future will be our advances in dealing with information & problem solving, not in computer technology ( he was quoting someone–didn’t catch who, and this is only a paraphrase ). A PKM Method. Other models for PKM. How does PKM relate to L&D organizations?

Skills for the Networked World

ID Reflections

it includes knowledge about when and how to use particular strategies for learning or for problem solving. The Seek>Sense>Share PKM model described by Harold Jarche and similar model by others rest on our critical thinking and cognitive abilities.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

The four topics we are planning to deep dive into in the first two weeks are: a) Networked learning, b) Personal Learning Networks, c) MOOCs, and d) Communities of Inquiry. I would also like to emphasize that PLN is intricately linked to one''s personal knowledge management (PKM) capabilities.

7 Strategies to Facilitate "Working Out Loud"

ID Reflections

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes.

Demystifying Working Out Loud

ID Reflections

It has helped me to develop my personal learning network (PLN) and enabled my PKM. A complex world requires collaborative and cooperative problem solving. future_of_work informal learning pkm PLN wol workingoutloud Workplace Learning

PKM 216

Workplace Learning in a World “Beyond Automation”

Learnnovators

The table below captures the shifts as I see it: I have been writing about social and collaborative learning, the importance of communities of practices and networked learning skills like building one’s PLN and PKM for some time now.

From Learning Management to Personal Knowledge Management

Jane Hart

All of which has now become possible due to the availability of an ever-increasing number of instructional and informational resources as well as social tools, together with easy access to huge numbers of people in social networks and online communities.

12 features of supporting social collaboration in the workplace

Jane Hart

1 – moving from a focus on organising and managing training (which includes e-learning and blended learning) FOR others, to helping individuals and teams address their OWN performance problems. Want to find out more Online Communities ?

Is it time for a BYOL (Bring Your Own Learning) strategy in your organization? #BYOL

Jane Hart

An increasing number of the workforce – smart, social, autonomous workers – are already doing their own thing and solving their own learning and performance problems much more quickly and more easily by using their own tools and devices. (In

The Changing Face of Work and Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

Communities of professionals collaborating and cooperating to learn together will be on the rise. Content will be continuously co-created and co-owned by the community members ( much like the evolution of Wikipedia ). I am not the kind to crystal gaze.

Change 240

Move Forward

Nick Leffler

As I was thinking about this issue, I thought how hanging on causes problems for companies and the hanger oners. You might also enjoy: Idea Management and Design – You Mean PKM? Communities of Practice Need Some Practice. Progress can seem like a scary thing sometimes.

PKM 130

Workplace Learning in a World "Beyond Automation"

ID Reflections

The table below captures the shifts as I see it: I have been writing about social and collaborative learning, the importance of communities of practices and networked learning skills like building one's PLN and PKM for some time now.

PKM 203

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

A Social Business is one that embraces and cultivates a spirit of collaboration and community throughout its organization—both internally and externally.”. Community management. Increasing interest in building and managing learning communities as part of blended programmes.

Pick of the Month: August 2012

Jane Hart

The month started with a survey, reported in Social Business News, that showed that Professionals spend 40% of their time in online peer communities. Imagine an interview beginning with, “Good day, Mister Jones, please sit down and tell us about your PKM.”

PKM 240

The Changing Nature of Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

The other piece is from The Post-Hierarchical Organization by +Harold Jarche Complex problems cannot be solved alone. Both articles--in their different ways--are talking about creating and facilitating communities at the workplace.

Change 234

The Changing Face of Work and Workplace Learning

Learnnovators

Communities of professionals collaborating and cooperating to learn together will be on the rise. Content will be continuously co-created and co-owned by the community members ( much like the evolution of Wikipedia ). I am not the kind to crystal gaze.

IBM 203

The best elearning reads of 2013

eFront

The Dysfunctionally Connected Workplace Problem-And How To Fix It , Ken Blanchard and Scott Blanchard, FastCompany. How to Build Effective Online Learning Communities , Edudemic.

Looking Back On 2015

Nick Leffler

Communities of Inquiry — This was one of my first posts for a cMOOC I was taking, and one term from the course that I (along with others) was very confused about. I eventually determined that a community of inquiry is similar to the practice I had in my graduate program.

PKM 130

Demystifying Working Out Loud

Learnnovators

Working out loud has been steadily gaining popularity and has become a topic of conversation on many forums including the Facebook community of the same name. It has helped me to develop my personal learning network (PLN) and enabled my PKM.

What’s hot in Working Smarter in October

Jay Cross

PKM in 34 pieces. Much of my work on PKM has been inspired by others. ‘Sense-making is where the real personal value of PKM lies. In the PKM framework of Seek, Sense, Share it is often sense-making that is most difficult to master. HAROLD JARCHE. OCTOBER 29, 2013.

PKM 55

The Changing Nature of Workplace Learning

Learnnovators

“ Complex problems cannot be solved alone. Both articles–in their different ways–are talking about creating and facilitating communities at the workplace.

Change 173

Top 68 eLearning Posts from April - Hot Topics iPad Google Buzz

eLearning Learning Posts

Key Social Learning Roles - Daretoshare , April 4, 2010 Premise : Learning communities or networks thrive because its members possess certain skills and capabilities. Community members should be able to perform one or more of the five roles described in the table that follows. The road ahead : I am presently developing detailed role descriptions, community guidelines, role assessment tools, and the identification of appropriate learning products and offerings.

Hot Topics in eLearning for 2009

eLearning Learning Posts

Social media, social networks, communities for learning both formal and informal is bigger than I think we can even imagine at this point. Sense-making with PKM , March 12, 2009. Community (1202). Communities of Practice , March 13, 2009. Networked community management , September 23, 2009. The Community Manager , March 9, 2009. Connecting ideas with communities , June 30, 2009. Solve problems with screencasting , April 14, 2009.

How to make the most out of a conference

E-Learning Provocateur

Given the massive scope of PKM, I needed to narrow my focus. After agonising over the problem for almost a full minute, it dawned on me that the immediate relevance of PKM to the conference attendees lay in how they were going to make the most out of said conference.