| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | LEARNING ROCKS
DECEMBER 18, 2008 Open Source life, LMSs beyond Moodle
Dokeos Interestingly OSLiving doesn't even list educational establishments as the potential userbase for this LMS. The demo site of Dokeos set up by Kineo featured a chat room and even a virtual classroom. In the brave new world of the freelance e-learning specialist that I find myself from January, I will be exploring at least Dokeos as it seems a very interesting proposition. 4 I found Dokeos on Tuesday then read Steve's review on Thursday - I thought this was us both picking up on the zeitgeist early, but I may have been late to the party. Again, looks pretty.
| | THE LEARNING GENERALIST
JULY 27, 2009 Screencasting - A simple way to create bite-sized learning
Moodle, Drupal, Joomla and Dokeos all have good video playback extensions, so this shouldn't be a problem if you're using open-source software. In the past, we've limited screencasts to product demos, software application training and how-to's. For those new to screencasting, here's a screencast about screencasts ! What can go into this movie then? Well, it could be anything.
| || || |
| | EFRONT
APRIL 27, 2012 How to choose an LMS
You might already have stumbled-upon Moodle, Dokeos, Blackboard, Saba or Sumtotal. So, you are looking to buy an LMS. You have definitely stumbled-upon eFront, otherwise you would not be reading this message. The thing is that you have a vague idea of your needs and there are far too many solutions to choose from. How you can survive this nightmare with your sanity intact?
| | LEARNING VISIONS
JUNE 26, 2009 Cammy Beans Learning Visions: The Corporate Moodle: A Tipping Point?
Hi there, I'm taking the opportunity to mention Dokeos here, as its lead developer, because it seems unreasonably ignored from the open-source LMSes sphere, and it has the same price-ranges for services than Moodle. However, it has a lot of reporting features, it recently developed web services which have enabled links to an Oracle system for automated registration of users from an organizations' HR module, and to Drupal (see Dokeos module in the Drupal repository). Dokeos is very simple to use with good reporting, I also like Ilias. That’s the low price.
| | TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS
OCTOBER 12, 2010 Directory of E-Learning Tools: Course Authoring Tools
Hosted x x x x x Dragster Develop drag and drop image labelling and categorisation activities with feedback , Download x Document Suite 2008 for creating training courses and quizzes , Free Trial, Download x x x Dokeos Online learning suite that provides all the features needed for e-learning and blended learning management : From Authoring to Reporting. Also part of E-Learning Suite.
| | TONY KARRER DELICIOUS LINKS
OCTOBER 13, 2011 Course & Learning Management Systems
Dokeos Online learning suite that provides all the features needed for e-learning and blended learning management : From Authoring to Reporting. C4LPT. Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies. Search. Thursday. October 13, 2011. Jane’s Blog. Presentations & Articles. Top Tools & Directory. Social Media Centre. Social Learning Handbook. NEW Workplace Learning. About C4LPT. The Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies is a resource site for the use of new technologies for working and learning founded by Jane Hart. Find out more here. Hosted. Hosted.
| || || || |
EFRONT Moodle and eFront side-by-side
| THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2012
Yes, there are many others, such as Atutor , Dokeos
and Sakai , but they just haven’t had the same impact as Moodle. This article has been reposted from the Wyver Solutions blog. The original article may be found here: [link]. With eFront’s recent string of awards , I thought it was about time I took a look at this relative newcomer to the open source Learning Management System market. For many years, Moodle has been most people’s port of call when looking for an open source LMS (or Virtual Learning Environment in the education sector). Don’t make me think. Flexibility vs Complexity. MORE >>
ELEARNING CYCLOPS Keeping Up - April's Big Question
| FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
April's Big Question from Learning Circuits is "How to Keep up?" This is in reference the immense and rapidly expanding technology tools. It is tough to stay on top of all the emerging tools. However, being involved in an e-learning community is a big help. For me it is a blog community and following many experts on Twitter. Not only am I often made aware of new tools, but also get opinions, tips, and examples of their use. You can never keep up with it all, but access to many experts who are also finding and sharing the lastest tech tools make it much less daunting. MORE >>
ELEARNING 24-7 UPDATED: Other Open Source LMS Solutions
| TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010
- Offers user synch with HR management systems such as Oracle and SAP. A list of other Open Source LMS vendors, besides Moodle. They are not in any specific order. These are the newest listings (6-2-10). Ectolearning – Open learning environment, with collaboration tools plus LMS – for Education/academia. offers test capabilities based on rubrics. Sloode - Multi-user virtual environment of Second Life® with the Moodle® learning-management system, Can be used in corporate and education. From Germany – Corporate, Education, Government, Non-Profit. Open LMS. Original List. MORE >>
ELEARNING 24-7 Other Open Source LMS Solutions
| WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2010
- Offers user synch with HR management systems such as Oracle and SAP. Here is a list of other Open Source LMS vendors, besides Moodle. This is not an all encompassing list, rather I have listed a wide swath, that you may wish to consider, including ones that are intriguing. Nor are they in any specific order. This is part one. Part two discusses some pros vs. cons on Moodle and open source LMS/LCMS in general. ILIAS 4 e-Learning. Pojosoft. Docebo - Integrates with external systems such as video conferencing and HR systems. Atutor. efront. Sakai - Targets education. Joomla. MORE >>
THE LEARNING GENERALIST Screencasting - A simple way to create bite-sized learning
| MONDAY, JULY 27, 2009
Moodle, Drupal, Joomla and Dokeos
all have good video playback extensions, so this shouldn't be a problem if you're using open-source software. In the past, we've limited screencasts to product demos, software application training and how-to's. Don McAllister's ScreenCastsOnline and the ever popular ScreencastCentral are testimony to how much we've propagated the use of screencasts for systems training. For those new to screencasting, here's a screencast about screencasts ! believe screencasting software can easily be used for slide-casts, and short snappy video based training. MORE >>
- Learning Management Systems - Trends and Issues (Brandon Hall Research) Webinar DISCOVERY THROUGH ELEARNING | WEDNESDAY, JULY 8, 2009
- 10 Open Source e-Learning Projects to Watch - They missed Drupal CORPORATE ELEARNING STRATEGIES AND DEVELOPMENT | THURSDAY, JANUARY 8, 2009
- Open Source life, LMSs beyond Moodle LEARNING ROCKS | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2008
- Test LMS CLARK QUINN | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2008
eLearning Learning can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.