Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove Open Source Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

The Corporate Moodle: A Tipping Point?

Learning Visions

(I’m a recent convert, perhaps on the path to open source evangelism.) Because it’s open source, there are no licensing costs. Moodle and other open source products have huge communities behind them. Talented individuals who can program like hell and believe in the open source philosophy.

Moodle 113
article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Open Laszlo Gets Its Own Track and Big Customers for the open source webtop platform

Mark Oehlert

is actually investigating using it and today I see that Open Laszlo has its own track at AjaxWorld West 2007. is actually investigating using it and today I see that Open Laszlo has its own track at AjaxWorld West 2007. alone duringthe first half 2007. monster.com, Wal-Mart, HR Block).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Reflections from Adaptive Paths UX Week 2007

Mark Oehlert

I really thought that Andrew Hintons presentation on the idea of user experience as Communities of Practice was excellent. Peer-to-peer mesh networking, open source OS, this is a tool that is also expressly built on an educational theory. Kinda puts a new spin on subject matter expert doesnt it?

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!)

Mark Oehlert

» May 02, 2007 Map of Online Communities (xkcd Rox!) Map of Online Communities from xkcd - which is a comic you should be reading - I am so busy right now on something but I saw this and just had to post! Posted by: Karyn Romeis | May 03, 2007 at 06:51 AM The comments to this entry are closed.

article thumbnail

e-Clippings (Learning As Art): 2007 edublog awards are now open for voting.and Im torn

Mark Oehlert

» December 06, 2007 2007 edublog awards are now open for voting.and Im torn Hurry, hurry, step right up and cast your vote! The 2007 edublog Awards are now open for voting. Posted by: mark oehlert | December 07, 2007 at 10:23 PM hi mark -- i'm a huge fan of your work. Congrats to all the nominees!

IM 32
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: 8 Random Facts About Me

Learning Visions

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 8 Random Facts About Me Michele Martin of The Bamboo Project has tagged me for the 8 Random Facts About me meme. And so I tag: Janet Clarey Christy Tucker Clive Shepherd Dan Roddy Brent Schlenker Tracy Hamilton (whos on holiday this week, but I bet will respond nonetheless!) Danke sehr. Meme away!

IM 100
article thumbnail

Cammy Beans Learning Visions: Learning About eLearning: Browse My Stuff

Learning Visions

Its kind of like Technorati, but community focused around the singular topic of eLearning. Ive added a widget to my blogs sidebar that lets you browse my stuff (it does the tagging for me, so I dont have to). If you click on a topic youll go to the hub, where you can access posts by others on the same topic.