Remove Collaborative Learning Remove Community Remove Social Learning Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

The problem in executing this shift is not in setting up these new learning environments and communities, but rather in embracing the change. When moving to an environment of innovative and collaborative learning, managers lose an enormous amount of control over the training destinies of their staff. Yeah, right.

article thumbnail

Social Learning for Associations: What to Expect in a Modern LMS

Talented Learning

Social learning. It is essential for any association learning management system (LMS). Yet no one can define “social learning” in a nutshell, because there is no universally accepted meaning. Public social media vs. private association social learning?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What would Dr. Seuss say about online communities.

ID Reflections

Coupled with the "translation," we are not likely to forget the points about online communities mentioned here in a hurry. Tags: collaborative learning social learning andragogy online communities adult learning. By themselves, the points would sound mundane and oft quoted.

Community 100
article thumbnail

TCC09: Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities

Experiencing eLearning

This virtual learning community took the initiative to form a study group and share strategies for completing course problem-solving assignments. They effectively managed issues of trust, workload, and learning within their social network. Social Learning/Social Constructivism. Community of Inquiry.

Wiki 193
article thumbnail

Everything You need to know about an LMS for nonprofits

Paradiso Solutions

This community-driven approach empowers informed decision-making, leading to improved training initiatives and better learning outcomes. Intuitive Interface and Ease of Accessibility A user-friendly interface in an LMS for nonprofits greatly improves the learning journey. Social learning is when people learn by observing others.

article thumbnail

[from gminks] Social Learning Measurement : eLearning Technology

Tony Karrer

eLearning Technology Tony Karrers eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Ive recently been more interested in measures around social learning. And, I just saw a post Measuring Networked (or Social) Learning that discusses how we could go about measuring social learning. Will - great points.

article thumbnail

Informal Learning Part 2 from Jay Cross: Informal learning is like a bicycle ride

ID Reflections

Tags: corporate training communities of practice collaborative learning social learning informal learning. Informal learnign, on the other hand, is like a solo bicycle ride. I can change my own direction, go where I want, stop when I want to and take a break. A great simile.