article thumbnail

TCC09: Digital User-Generated Content and Our Emerging Digital Literacy

Experiencing eLearning

“Video mashing, game modding, Youtube, wikis, blogs, and the communities that rise up around them are becoming yet another facet of our communication landscape. But how effective are these expressions in communicating meaning? Liveblogged from the TCC online conference.

Digital 170
article thumbnail

Wikis and Learning – 60 Resources

Tony Karrer

- Experiencing eLearning , July 27, 2009 Wikis at Work - eLearning Technology , February 25, 2007 Control and Community: A Case Study of Enterprise Wiki Usage , May 4, 2009 Blog or Wiki? Subscribe to the Best of eLearning Learning for updates from this blog and other eLearning blogs.

Wiki 192
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Vision 2016 - An Interview with Todd Kasenberg

Raptivity

More about Todd here: [link] Below are excerpts from the interview: What are some of the key eLearning trends that you think would surface, or pick up, in 2016? I expect to do a lot of experimenting in microlearning in 2016, and hope that others will collaborate and share with the broader learning community what works well, and what doesn’t.

article thumbnail

Can You Take the Heat?

CLO Magazine

The debate about global warming still rages, but few of us would argue against the idea that things seem to be heating up, and it is affecting everyone’s behavior. ” Assessing and seeking to understand these relocations and rifts, mash-ups and mismatches will be critical to conservation efforts and sustaining ecosystems in the future.

Mash-up 51
article thumbnail

Good morning Barcelona!! Jim Groom at #EDEN15

Learning with e's

Groom's popular and anarchic blog Bavatuesdays is a regular port of call for all those seeking this kind of eclectic and irreverent mashup of concepts, thoughts and opinions. It was an open creative space for everyone within the community. It becomes a new virtual infrastructure for learning, communicating and creating.

Mashups 40
article thumbnail

Don't miss the train!

Learning with e's

I'm just about to hop on a train and make my way up to Milton Keynes for the first time, where tomorrow I'm an external examiner for one of the Open University 's PhD candidates. Before the train arrives, there's just enough time to write a brief review in an extraordinary book that has landed on my desk this week. becomes Web 3.0.

article thumbnail

The push toward content curation

Litmos

Another is to set up feeds that are triggered by particular topics of interest. One is to look for trends that emerge from the individual resources, changes in focus as things develop. He also touts mashups , where two things are juxtaposed creating new meanings. This seems redundant, but it’s part of the potential source.

Content 59