Remove ASTD Remove Community Remove Content Remove ISPI
article thumbnail

7 Learning Industry Websites You Need To Know

LearnDash

American Society of Training & Development (ASTD). This one kind of goes without saying, the ASTD is one of the largest organizations dedicated to training and development. I find their forums online to be a bit lifeless, but the LinkedIn group is always full of great content.

ISPI 167
article thumbnail

Free Assets from the E-Learning Community

Rapid eLearning

Most people aren’t active participants in the elearning community. No one expects you to sit on the couch, eating bonbons, and chatting in the community. Most of us tend to use the community for quick help and then we go back to work. Just download the files and add your own content. 12 Blurred Backgrounds.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Ways to Avoid Common Roadblocks When Building E-Learning Courses

Rapid eLearning

Who Controls the Content? Who owns the content and has final say on the design and implementation of the elearning courses? If you’re the subject matter expert and final authority of the content, then that’s perfect. Find out who owns the content. Who gets to offer feedback and make changes to the content?

ISPI 82
article thumbnail

Allison Rossett: ELearning Isn’t What You Think It Is – Not Yet #tk10

Learning Visions

My live blogged notes…ASTD TechKnowledge 2010 in Las Vegas, NV. Recap of her recent article for ASTD: e-Learning – What’s Old is New Again When you say you’re doing elearning what are you doing? Tags: astd allison rossett. Allison Rossett is a Professor of Educational Technology at University of San Diego and noted author.

article thumbnail

Are You Asking the Right Questions?

Rapid eLearning

Most elearning courses I see are info-centric and just push content out. Instead they’re questions to get the learner to reflect on the content. In addition, the process of having to create engaging questions forces us as course developers to put the content into a context that’s relevant to the learner.

article thumbnail

More Than 30 PowerPoint Tips from the PowerPoint Pros!

Rapid eLearning

So I went through the blog posts and pulled out the ones that I think provide the most relevant content for building elearning courses. Tips on Presentations & Organizing Content. There are a lot of similarities between creating content for presentations and elearning courses. October 25: Baton Rouge, LA (ASTD)—Webinar.

article thumbnail

Here’s How to Convert Click & Read to Interactive E-Learning

Rapid eLearning

Make sure the content is relevant and meaningful to the learner. Interactive elearning courses require an understanding of how the learner uses the course content and then lets them practice so they can get the appropriate feedback and make the adjustments so critical to the learning process. October 17 : Bloomington, IL ( CIC-ASTD ).

Convert 81