Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Diversity Training Remove Knowledge Management
article thumbnail

MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 5: Skills Learners Need Today

Learnnovators

I have been writing about MOOCs in the context of workplace learning from different perspectives for some time now. I have been writing about MOOCs in the context of workplace learning from different perspectives for some time now. The earlier posts… MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 1: Some Points to Consider.

article thumbnail

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

I thought I''d do the same from an L&D and workplace learning perspective. The former identifies shifts in specific areas that will and already are having a far-reaching impact on the way we work, learn, communicate, and engage with the environment and society. "The nature of work is changing.

Network 202
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

At the edge

Clark Quinn

Another response to my request for topics asked about moving from the classroom to the ‘fringe’ Here, I have a very simple response: the case studies in Revolutionize Learning & Development. Each also represents a diversity of settings and needs. Communities of Practice served as a model for this thinking.

article thumbnail

MOOCS IN WORKPLACE LEARNING – PART 5: SKILLS LEARNERS NEED TODAY

Learnnovators

I have been writing about MOOCs in the context of workplace learning from different perspectives for some time now. I have been writing about MOOCs in the context of workplace learning from different perspectives for some time now. MOOCs in Workplace Learning – Part 1: Some Points to Consider. The earlier posts….

article thumbnail

Contest - Win a Free Copy of Digital Habitats via LearnTrends 2009

Tony Karrer

Nancy has been my go to person for all things Communities and Networks and worked with me to create Communities and Networks Connection. So naturally when Nancy and John (with Etienne Wenger) put out the book Digital Habitats; Stewarding Technology for Communities I was very excited. Together they are a formidable team.

article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

I have recently joined the open section of #MSLOC 430 - a graduate course in the Master''s Program in Learning and Organizational Change at Northwestern University. This is the first week and I am absolutely looking forward to exploring the topics, learning from the other participants and participating in exciting conversations.

Network 100
article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

I spent the greater part of the weekend mulling over the practice of working out loud, what makes some folks adopt the habit with ease while others struggle, and what could be some of the possible enabling factors that support working out loud. A community grows through conversation, collaboration, and showcasing of work in progress.