article thumbnail

CrossKnowledge Reboot Camp Insights

CrossKnowledge

Clients needed a space to share and learn in a ‘trusted’ L&D community, so Crossknowledge responded with their Reboot Camp , a 4-week blended online journey designed by CK learning experts and supported by the CrossKnowledge Academy. This means that collaboration and conference tools will remain an essential part of training.

article thumbnail

Learned about Learning in 2009

Tony Karrer

I’m convinced that we are all struggling to have our Work Skills Keep Up. When I look at my particular skills, methods and tools for 2009 and compare them to 2008, I would say that it’s mostly a question of degree of use and certainly my use of Twitter has grown. See also: Twitter Conference Ideas and Twitter and Webinars.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Remote Collaboration

Tony Karrer

I'm particularly drawing on both personal experience and on experience with the work skills workshops we are offering. At the start of these workshops, we put people into remote work teams. Skype - Fantastic voice tool for 1-to-1 as well as conference calls up to 25 people. You could see where people are working.

article thumbnail

Twitter as Personal Learning and Work Tool

Tony Karrer

Thus, my opinion is: Twitter is not a tool for people who are new to social media and the use of social media for personal learning and work. If you are going to a conference or evening event where attendees will be using Twitter in a group fashion, then that's likely a good opportunity to try out the tool.

Twitter 128
article thumbnail

2008 2009

Tony Karrer

Strategy (15) PWLE Not PLE - Knowledge Work Not Separate from Learning (15) Corporate Social Bookmarking Tools (14) Corporate Learning Long Tail and Attention Crisis (13) Test SCORM Courses with an LMS (13) 90-9-1 Rule aka 1% Rule in Collaborative Environments (13) Social Conference Tools - Expect Poor Results (13) Instruction eLearning 2.0

article thumbnail

Social Learning Experiences: Making Better Connections

Talented Learning

Nevertheless, these are signs of an engaged professional community. a) Two days with 10,000 industry colleagues at a live conference featuring a who’s who of expert speakers, or. The most effective social learning experiences are built on a foundation of community – a sense of belonging and commitment to a common purpose.

article thumbnail

Ten Predictions for eLearning 2008

Tony Karrer

Luckily a few will also add in more community and wiki capabilities. The format of the virtual conference that George and I put together wasn't quite right - still a lecture - threaded discussions weren't quite active enough and the questions weren't focused. All of this will cause of to continue to ask Do You WANT an LMS?