Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Quality Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Are your community's lurkers healthy lurkers?

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

I've blogged about lurking before , investigating whether lurking in online forums is a sort of legitimate peripheral participation that leads to people learning about the practices of a community of practice. What are the community's practice to stimulate sharing of ideas and perspectives?

article thumbnail

9 Strategies to Make Your Peer Learning Program Thrive

CLO Magazine

If you’re sponsoring or developing a peer learning program, you know that professional communities of practice are a cost-effective way to leverage the collective wisdom and experience of a group of leaders with similar roles, challenges or interest areas. Align around the peer learning community’s purpose.

Program 64
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Five tools for global educators

Learning with e's

We are connected educators, linked in to a number of powerful global communities of practice, and we have access to resources, dialogue and audiences we would not enjoy in a traditional learning and teaching role. But what tools do we use to enable us to connect with these communities, resources, audiences around the globe?

Global 98
article thumbnail

Iconoclasm 2.0

E-Learning Provocateur

Like most things in life, this new iconoclasm can be divided into themes of quality and quantity. One of the points raised by the brooders is that the addition of social media icons to your blog won’t increase your readership if the quality of your content is poor. Do I practice what I preach? Applying the learnings.

article thumbnail

Open all OERs

Learning with e's

Many were representing the Quality Assurance Agencies of their home countries. Dr Stella Anthony (Australian Universities Network for Quality Assurance) gave the opening presentation for the event, and spoke about the opportunities and challenges of OERs in higher education. IPR and Creative Commons were discussed.

OER 67
article thumbnail

A Vital View on Learning

CLO Magazine

A majority of the company’s staff are certified nursing assistants who spend their days fulfilling basic quality of life needs for patients, including bathing, dressing and feeding them. The communities of practice give them access to a network of peers who can help solve problems and share best practices.

article thumbnail

Posts that Influenced Me in 2009

ID Reflections

How I use social media What did I learn: Nancy White d iscusses the concepts of Communities of Practice and Learning, Technology Stewardship, Knowledge Sharing and Networking. The Builders' Manifesto What did I learn: One of my favorite posts of the year, it talks about the leadership and the qualities of a leader vs. a builder.