article thumbnail

Connected pedagogy: Social networks

Learning with e's

Photo by Steve Wheeler In a previous post I outlined some of the metrics around the use of digital media, technologies and social networks. I wrote that: "The age of social technologies has radically transformed the way we live our lives, and that includes how we learn and teach. Surowiecki, J. 2009) The Wisdom of Crowds.

article thumbnail

TCC09: Evaluating Social Networking Tools for Distance Learning

Experiencing eLearning

Summary: “Debates rage about the appropriateness of using social networking in teaching, with arguments ranging from waste of time and distraction from academic goals to needed to reach net generation student. An example of using a social networking tool, Ning, in an online class is reported.&#. Three main points.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Creating and Teaching a College-Level Undergraduate Course in Social Networking

Experiencing eLearning

Developed a course on social networking for business. Use online library databases to research social networking. Past predictions about online communities assumed text because that was what was available. Now YouTube and multimedia are important. Plaxo–aggregating from multiple social sites.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

article thumbnail

Social Media: The Virtual “Over-The-Partition” Learning Network.

Dashe & Thomson

So, here’s my leap from that “over-the-partition” informal learning scenario to how social media can support social learning: YouTube (in other words, video learning). the world’s most popular online video community allowing millions of people to discover, watch, and share originally-created videos.”

article thumbnail

Social networking is king

E-Learning Provocateur

Another principle that resonated with me was, in my own words: Social networking is king. Social networking has been around since the dawn of time. However, the exponential growth of online platforms such as Facebook and Twitter has taken it to a whole new stratosphere. The goal posts have moved. technology.

article thumbnail

How to Start a YouTube Channel To Complement Online Courses

LearnDash

YouTube is one of the best places on the internet to promote and sell your online course. With that in mind, here are the seven steps to start a YouTube channel to complement your online courses. The platform has over 2.6 But in order to be successful, you must have an effective strategy.

YouTube 157