article thumbnail

Twitter as Social Learning: Seven Ways to Facilitate the Exchange.

Dashe & Thomson

Social Learning Blog Training and Performance Improvement in the Real World Home About Bios Subscribe to RSS Twitter as Social Learning: Seven Ways to Facilitate the Exchange of Information by Paul on March 14, 2011 in social learning Most of us in the adult learning industry have already found and incorporated Twitter into our everyday lives.

article thumbnail

DevLearn 2014 – It’s a Wrap (and it’s all about community): Featuring Meg Bertapelle

Learning Rebels

Last week #chat2LRN hosted a twitter chat based on the DevLearn/ Personal Learning Network experience. So today you are not only getting Meg’s view of the PLN experience but those of an entire twitter crowd! You can find her on twitter at @ megbertapelle. You can find her on twitter at @ megbertapelle. How cool is THAT?)

DevLearn 214
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success.

article thumbnail

First Impressions of Twitter

Experiencing eLearning

I finally signed up for Twitter last week after resisting for quite a while. Over the last 6 months or so, I’ve been seeing more examples of personal learning with Twitter though. Two weeks into it, I’m still not sure I totally “get&# Twitter, which is probably OK. What am I missing?

Twitter 170
article thumbnail

Business applications of Twitter

E-Learning Provocateur

Earlier this week, I attended a Twitter Camp billed Twitter is not for dummies. I had the privilege of facilitating one of the breakout sessions, which focused on the business applications of Twitter. In a nutshell, I see the business applications of Twitter falling into three main categories: 1.

Twitter 198
article thumbnail

TCC08: Wikis and Blogs and Tags: Oh Why?

Experiencing eLearning

Lisa Cheney-Steen, Colorado Community College System, Denver, Colorado, USA. More social community. Cynthia uses Twitter for keeping track of bookmarks–lets her tag it with who shared it with her and when to give her context. Create a sharing community. Starting with an intro to Web 2.0. Social Connection.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

Keynoting Texas Community College Technology Forum 2010

Kapp Notes

On Friday, I’ll be in the big o’le state of Texas speaking about the future of technology for community colleges. I do a lot of work with community colleges and know first hand the innovative technologies and first class hands-on education that community colleges can provide. Here is a short description of my talk.

Forum 140