Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Conference Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

ASAE 2010 Annual: Leaders of Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Associations are the hub of activity for "communities of practice.” Communities of practice are voluntary. Professionals join to gain access to peers, best practices, and education. What makes associations successful as communities of practice?

article thumbnail

ASAE Annual: A Gathering of People Who Build Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

Due to a cancellation of this year’s Technology Conference, a lot of focus will be put on the learning labs for the Business of Technology track, and I have a feeling it will not be a disappointment. Associations can create communitites of practice. Last year’s Annual was held in Toronto.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My takeaways from OEB18: communities, AI and 3D-smarts and some very practical stuff

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

For the first time in my life I went to the OEB learning technologies conference in Berlin. It was a great conference. Thanks to Wilfred Rubens for pointing me to this conference and tips to navigate the conference. I followed his advice of doing a pre-conference session with Jef Staes which was one of my highlights.

article thumbnail

Learning Solutions Conference: Experts of the Guild

Web Courseworks

When it comes to eLearning, the Guild is a trusted source of information, networking and a true community of practice. What I hope Marcia discusses is how to combine social media within formal eLearning courses. Clark Quinn is one of the most important instructional designer/thinkers in our eLearning community.

article thumbnail

Four roles for social media in workplace learning

Clive on Learning

I write this as I travel to Birmingham to participate in a panel discussion with Nick Shackleton-Jones and Robin Hoyle on the role of social media in learning. The discussion forms part of the agenda for the World of Learning Conference, an event that I have enjoyed participating in for something like ten years now.

article thumbnail

Using Social Media to Improve Workplace Learning

Janet Clarey

At the end of the presentation, I tried something different and shared Wordle so we could make a word cloud for two issues: what things make a bad classroom training session and what an ideal online community would look like. and this one “ideal online community&# : Le slides: Using Social Media Tools To Improve Workplace Learning.

article thumbnail

Learning About the Future of Learning

Web Courseworks

This week I am excited to mention yet another conference that I have high hopes for and am eager to participate in. This conference offers a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere that should foster innovation and inspiration in all who attend as a journey of discovery with new association management techniques begins.