article thumbnail

Building online communities of learning

Learning with e's

I presented a webinar for EDEN's series on education in the time of a pandemic' earlier today, and was pleased to see almost 300 participants from across the globe. I also worked through some classic neo-Marxist perspectives and explored the extent to which they are useful as explanations in contemporary online education.

article thumbnail

4 reasons to use Creative Commons

Learning with e's

This raises a number of tensions around creativity, intellectual property and copyright. Creative Commons (CC) is a copyright management system that goes a long way to addressing these issues. Teachers in all education sectors trade in knowledge and content. Unported License.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Failure of Creative Commons Licenses

Tony Karrer

I’ve been trying to find out more about specific answers to Creative Commons Use in For-Profit Company eLearning. I was contacted by someone out of the Creative Commons organization, but in going back and forth with them, we realized that I was looking for legal interpretations which they clearly can’t do.

article thumbnail

Communities and connections

Learning with e's

I told my audience at the outset that I would not attempt to educate them, because they are far too sophisticated and knowledgeable community of experts and professionals. Rather, I promised, I would offer them some of my thoughts on developments in education and would conclude with three key challenges to consider.

article thumbnail

Key Factors to Consider in Educational Resources Licensing

Kitaboo

Education requires the use of resources like textbooks, audiovisual media, activities, and other aspects. However, education today has evolved into the ambit of digitality. However, education today has evolved into the ambit of digitality. These resources are helping the modern learner make the most of their educational journey.

License 52
article thumbnail

Understanding the Importance of Educational Content Licensing for Schools and Institutions

Kitaboo

Gone are the days when education was all about reading from textbooks. Modern-day education involves the use of amazing virtual reality experiences , interactive modules, and other tech-savvy resources to make learning fun and engaging. That’s what we call educational content licensing. Table of Contents: I. Wrapping Up!

License 52
article thumbnail

Top ten UK education blogs

Learning with e's

Photo by Hence The Book on unsplash Today I was notified that this blog has been listed in the top ten of the UK's most influential education blogs by Vuelio for 2019. There are thousands of blogs dedicated to education in the UK, and many of them have great content that can inspire, inform or challenge. Unported License.