article thumbnail

From Learning Management to Personal Knowledge Management

Jane Hart

And it’s unlikely you’ll be encouraged to spend your workday focusing on forward-looking, innovative projects that will really help you grow. The most effective workers are using Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) techniques, to manage this process and get things done. So how effective are your own PKM skills?

article thumbnail

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

Over the next two decades we can expect the knowledge of the world to be digitalised, with an exponential rise in user-generated content, "wise-crowd" application and open innovation applications." This has wide-ranging implication on learning and the future of work. And that future is rapidly becoming our present.

Network 202
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Sahana Chattopadhyay – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Her work with various companies like Tata Interactive Systems, Zensar Technologies, ThoughtWorks and Future Group has given her a width of experience that spans instructional design, workplace learning strategy, knowledge management, social learning and community management, and people development. THE INTERVIEW: 1.

article thumbnail

Move Forward

Nick Leffler

The changes they make to their products which are truly innovative and new are simple and relatively small. It’s surprising that those wanting to hang on are also those that working in a very fast-paced, innovative field. You might also enjoy: Idea Management and Design – You Mean PKM? Then what happened at Oracle?

PKM 100
article thumbnail

Revisiting My Learning Journey on Social Media

ID Reflections

I got to learn from the experts – individuals who were charting the path and devising ways to use the tool as an avenue for learning, sharing and innovating – building a strong global community of learning professionals. Sometime later, I stumbled on to my first ever online learning community, #lrnchat. I lurked and waited.

article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

The four topics we are planning to deep dive into in the first two weeks are: a) Networked learning, b) Personal Learning Networks, c) MOOCs, and d) Communities of Inquiry. What happens when speed and innovation are the keys to success? Diversity of thoughts and ideas are the best precursors to innovative and creative solutions.

Network 100
article thumbnail

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

So whilst e-business is about automation, social business is about innovation. A Social Business is one that embraces and cultivates a spirit of collaboration and community throughout its organization—both internally and externally.”. innovation). Community management. Enterprise Community Manager. automation).