article thumbnail

My Personal Knowledge Management Approach

Clark Quinn

So with no further ado, here’s my personal knowledge management approach. First, Harold’s Personal Knowledge Management ( PKM ) model has three components: seek, sense, and share. On LinkedIn, a while ago I actively removed all my follows on my connections, and only retained ones for folks I trust.

article thumbnail

From Learning Management to Personal Knowledge Management

Jane Hart

All of which has now become possible due to the availability of an ever-increasing number of instructional and informational resources as well as social tools, together with easy access to huge numbers of people in social networks and online communities. But there’s more to it than just using Twitter or Facebook!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

My History of Live Blogged Notes

Experiencing eLearning

Personal Knowledge Management. Social Networking, the “Third Place,” and the Evolution of Communication. Learning Communities. E-Learning Communities. Wikis that Work: Effective Wiki Practices for Virtual Learning Communities. Evaluating Social Networking Tools for Distance Learning.

Wiki 170
article thumbnail

How Social Learning is Powering Up Today’s Workplaces

Learnnovators

Techcrunch Study : Many senior executives like to talk the social media talk. But only 10% walk the social talk! Just one in 10 CIOs from Fortune 250 companies actively use public social networks. Within that group, more than one-third either do not have a LinkedIn profile, or have fewer than 100 connections.

article thumbnail

Building a Learning and Performance Support Ecosystem (Steve Foreman) #elguild

Learning Visions

There''s formal training -- and then there''s all of the ways that we learn within the flow of work (performance support, collaboration, access to experts, knowledge management. Social Networking & Collaboration: discuss experiences, exchange ideas A valuable way to support people to connect and learn from each other.

article thumbnail

Sahana Chattopadhyay – Crystal Balling with Learnnovators

Learnnovators

Her work with various companies like Tata Interactive Systems, Zensar Technologies, ThoughtWorks and Future Group has given her a width of experience that spans instructional design, workplace learning strategy, knowledge management, social learning and community management, and people development.

article thumbnail

HOW SOCIAL LEARNING IS POWERING UP TODAY’S WORKPLACES

Learnnovators

Techcrunch Study : Many senior executives like to talk the social media talk. But only 10% walk the social talk! Just one in 10 CIOs from Fortune 250 companies actively use public social networks. Within that group, more than one-third either do not have a LinkedIn profile, or have fewer than 100 connections.