article thumbnail

Proliferating Portals

Clark Quinn

I hear it all the time: I ask “are you using portals?&# I use portal as the overarching term as well (also including discussion forums, blogs, profiles…). Typically, each business unit is providing a portal of their information for others to use. Tags: social strategy technology. Now, does that make sense?

Portal 150
article thumbnail

Upside Learning Blog Included on the eLearning Learning Community Portal

Upside Learning

This blog now features on the eLearning Learning content aggregation portal. eLearning Learning, a community portal launched by Tony Karrer , collates and organizes content from blogs and websites related to the eLearning and Learning domains.

Portal 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Welcome to Adobe eLearning Community 2.0

Adobe Captivate

After the phenomenal year that 2017 was, we celebrated 100,000+ eLearning professionals on this community portal last month. This is clearly your endorsement for the value of this community portal. We thank you all for helping make this portal a vibrant community. appeared first on eLearning.

article thumbnail

Best Membership Plugins for WordPress for 2021

LearnDash

Membership websites can be very simple, requiring only the ability to place certain site content behind login portals. However, these are plugins that have been used by our community for years, and have a proven record for success. Membership website are an effective way to grow your course—and your community. Wishlist Member.

Website 253
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Technology Portal

Tony Karrer

I've been working with Beth Kanter on the creation of something similar to the eLearning Learning content community , but centered around the vibrant community that focuses on the use of technology in nonprofits. As a blogger, keeping my labels/tags/categories up to date, was always very hard.

Portal 100
article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Content Management System for Your Business in 2024!

Hurix Digital

Known for its user-friendly interface, extensive plugin ecosystem, and flexibility, WordPress powers millions of websites, ranging from personal blogs to corporate portals and e-commerce stores. Regular updates and strong community support are indicators of a secure CMS.

Drupal 52
article thumbnail

Twitter as Social Learning: Seven Ways to Facilitate the Exchange.

Dashe & Thomson

Where Facebook and LinkedIn serve mainly as social dashboards for our personal and professional networks, respectively, I see Twitter as a customized information portal. This is where you can create your customized information portal. Well if that’s the case, I expect to see TweetDeck start to make some noise in the business community.