Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Slides Remove Workshop
article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Here are my slides (although SlideShare did something to some of the photographs on my slides.sorry about that.) Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Ten Reasons We’re Excited About MedBiquitous 2017

Web Courseworks

MedBiq is a true community of practice. I’m referencing a workshop led by Dr. David Topps and Ellen Meiselman from last year’s conference.) That’s a five-minute, five-slide brief presented back-to-back with nine other sessions. This year’s event is June 5-6, and registration is still open. Why do we go?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social business

Jane Hart

In my recent webinar I shared a slide that showed the 5 stages of workplace learning. Although the advent of e-technology in the late 1990s changed businesses into e-businesses, this was essentially about automating existing business thinking and practices. “A Community management. Enterprise Community Manager.

article thumbnail

Friday Finds: The Best of Learning, Design & Technology | June 7, 2019

Mike Taylor

Build Communities—Invite Those on the Edges. In Jane Bozarth’s ( @JaneBozarth ) latest Nuts & Bolts article on Communities of Practice, she talks about trajectories and the life of groups including some good points on why most struggle to survive beyond the initial launch and tips for making them better.

article thumbnail

Learn Informal Learning Informally

Jay Cross

Next month I’ll be offering an experiential workshop on Informal Learning through Jane Hart’s Social Learning Center. Workshop begins mid-July 2012. Form an on-going community of practice. This is the alpha version of this workshop. This workshop is not a course. with Jay Cross. Objectives.

article thumbnail

Learning Games and Gamification

Scissortail's Learning Nest

Reading Time: 8 minutes Introduction The Training, Learning, and Development Community recently hosted Learning by Doing: Games and Gamification for Instructional Design. For example, Jen Yaros shared a slide that listed learning game elements and the rationale behind each one. When the why is clear, the how is easy.

Games 52
article thumbnail

Four Essential Tips for the Rapid E-Learning Pro

Rapid eLearning

A key is to see each slide (which becomes a Flash movie) as a piece of information. Many of the slides have the same core content because usually only a few things change over a series of slides. So instead of making copies of slides with the same stuff on them, put as much as you can on the master slide.