Remove Activities Remove Community Remove ROI Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

Surfing the Net: Waste of Time or Personal Directed Learning.

Dashe & Thomson

As most of us in the adult learning community already know, up to this point most workplaces have seen two types of learning: formal learning through training, and informal learning through experience, conversation or random events which, according to research, accounts for about 80% of total learning. I argued that they were both dead wrong.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who are Instructional Designers? The existential dilemma.

ID Reflections

Soft skills: Good communication & written skills. Quote from Harold Jarche : Skills for learning professionals “Today, active involvement in informal learning, particularly through web-based communities, is key to remaining professional and creative in a field. Professionals from the E-Learning industry are preferred.

article thumbnail

Online Video: the Perfect Social Learning Tool? | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

Free online video is creating new global communities, granting their members both the means and the motivation to step up their skills and broaden their imaginations. Innovation has always been a group activity. Search the blog Popular Latest Comments Tags Web-Based, Instructor-Led, EPSS? Thanks for a thoughtful post!

article thumbnail

The Lonely eLearner: Creating Social Learning Anchors | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

I would define these social anchors as both active and passive opportunities for learners to interact with others during the learning process. They may not actively participate in the community, but they will know where to start looking when they need help and they can see what is giving others trouble.

article thumbnail

Twitter as Social Learning: Seven Ways to Facilitate the Exchange.

Dashe & Thomson

Since I became an active Twitter user a few months ago, the application has grown on me to the point where it’s now far-and-away my favorite social media tool. Well if that’s the case, I expect to see TweetDeck start to make some noise in the business community. Twitter gets a bad rap. And I use the word ‘tool’ for a reason.

article thumbnail

The Future of AEM Mobile Apps: Current Trends and Future Predictions of 2024!

Hurix Digital

It will also tag assets automatically. As AR and VR gain traction, AEM is actively incorporating functionalities that support the creation and distribution of this immersive content. Seize the opportunity to lead the charge in crafting next-generation digital experiences by actively participating in the cloud revolution.