Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Learning Remove PKM
article thumbnail

Unpacking collaboration and cooperation?

Clark Quinn

My colleague, Harold Jarche ( the PKM guy), has maintained that cooperation is of more value than collaboration. So here’s a stab an unpacking collaboration and cooperation. However, I like to think of collaboration as a higher form of thinking. The post Unpacking collaboration and cooperation? And I agree.

article thumbnail

PKM is our part of the social learning contract

Jane Hart

Yesterday, Harold Jarche shared the image on the right, in his post To learn, we must do. PKM is therefore the key to successful social learning. So how can we help students as well as workers develop the new PKM skills? The PKM framework is based on eight years of practical research and use.

PKM 196
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Social Learning is Voluntary; Collaboration Platforms are Enablers

ID Reflections

I love this description from Jane Harts post: FAUXIAL LEARNING is about forcing people to use social media in courses – or even in the workplace – and then confusing compliance with engagement (and even worse) learning. What social collaboration platform should we use? What social collaboration platform should we use?

article thumbnail

12 features of supporting social collaboration in the workplace

Jane Hart

I am often asked how to support social collaboration in the workplace. As I showed in my recent blog post , there are some big differences between learning in an e-business and learning in a social/collaborative business.

article thumbnail

Supporting workplace learning in the network era is more than delivering courses through a LMS

Jane Hart

Harold Jarche, in his recent post, Supporting workplace learning , uses a great little diagram to show that -. “It takes much more than courses delivered through a learning management system to support workplace learning in the network era.”

PKM 200
article thumbnail

Re-imagining Work & Learning in a Networked World

ID Reflections

I thought I''d do the same from an L&D and workplace learning perspective. The former identifies shifts in specific areas that will and already are having a far-reaching impact on the way we work, learn, communicate, and engage with the environment and society. And that future is rapidly becoming our present.

Network 202
article thumbnail

The Changing Nature of Workplace Learning

ID Reflections

One was from the field of architecture and the other was by Harold Jarche on workplace and learning. This trust also promotes individual autonomy and can become a foundation for organizational learning, as knowledge is freely shared. Given below are excerpts from both. Without trust, few people are willing to share their knowledge.

Change 220