Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Organizational Learning Remove Problem
article thumbnail

Lurking is Not a Static State

ID Reflections

Lurking and its role in communities has been on the forefront of my mind for the past few days. It has received a lot of attention in the past from the thought leaders in the realm of learning and the role of communities in personal as well as organizational learning. They are the free riders.

article thumbnail

Eight Leader Habits of a Learning Culture

The Performance Improvement Blog

Encourage risk-taking – Organizations that seek new solutions to old problems, creativity and innovation in their operations and products, employees who “think outside the box” and “walk the talk”, need to allow managers to make mistakes and learn from those experiences.

Culture 229
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Symbiosis

Clark Quinn

The implications are to stop trying to put everything in the head, and start designing systems that complement us in ways that assure that the combination is the optimized solution to the problem being confronted. Of course, this is only in the case of known problems, the ‘optimal execution’ phase of organizational learning.

Cognitive 100
article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate “Working Out Loud”

Learnnovators

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

article thumbnail

Supporting self-managed team learning in the organisation

Jane Hart

Team learning is essential in any organization, for as my colleague, Harold Jarche points out, quoting Peter Senge. “It is team learning, not individual learning, that adds to organizational learning.” Social collaboration skills – how to work and learn collaboratively and productively in a team.

article thumbnail

Personal Learning Networks: For Ongoing Learning in a Connected World

ID Reflections

This is the first week and I am absolutely looking forward to exploring the topics, learning from the other participants and participating in exciting conversations. The four topics we are planning to deep dive into in the first two weeks are: a) Networked learning, b) Personal Learning Networks, c) MOOCs, and d) Communities of Inquiry.

Network 100
article thumbnail

7 Strategies to Facilitate "Working Out Loud"

ID Reflections

The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to me that it is one of the fundamental blocks of building a community of practice. A community grows around a domain where practitioners share their insights, knowledge and doubts, the work processes. Take Linux or the GitHub community for example.

Strategy 100