Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Social Networks Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

Measurement & ROI for Social & Network Learning

Experiencing eLearning

This can be the social network. Also need to think about opportunity cost–what are you giving up to spend time on social media? Examples (from The Social Enterprise Blog ): Caterpillar 3000 communities of practice = $75 million saved as of 5 years ago. Posted in Informal Learning, Learning Communities.

article thumbnail

TCC08: Creating and Teaching a College-Level Undergraduate Course in Social Networking

Experiencing eLearning

Developed a course on social networking for business. Use online library databases to research social networking. Past predictions about online communities assumed text because that was what was available. Provided a bunch of stats on social networking usage–I’m not taking notes on all that).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ASAE Annual: A Gathering of People Who Build Communities of Practice

Web Courseworks

What makes the Association market space so interesting to me and others involved in eLearning is that for individual professional development and for community building, Associations is where it all takes place; or at least, it should. Association executives are taking notice of the power of LinkedIn and FaceBook.

article thumbnail

In response to Twitter Quitters - 40% leave after one month.

ID Reflections

Because it is a powerful social networking tool that is fast becoming a social learning tool. Also, I feel Twitter falls into the slightly advanced category of social networking site–more complex than Facebook or MySpace. All of this takes about two months of diligently pursuing twitter.

article thumbnail

Creating a Vibrant Learning Community

Kapp Notes

Today I am presenting at Immaculata University on the topic of Creating a Vibrant Learning Community as part of a faculty workshop. Communities Of Practice View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. A Learning Community is a group whose members regularly engage in sharing and learning, based on common interests.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Interesting Information via eLearning Learning

Tony Karrer

We've implemented a few features in the eLearning Learning Community. relates closely to the concepts Learning 2.0 , eLearning Tools , Corporate eLearning , Personal Learning , and Enterprise 2.0 ; the Tools Odeo , CollectiveX , Bea Pages , Apache Roller , and Dogear ; and the Companies NexLearn , Awareness Networks , Element K , and Mzinga.

article thumbnail

27 Books for L&D Folks.

ID Reflections

5 Workplace Learning/Training Social Media for Trainers Jane Bozarth. 6 Knowledge Management Cultivating Communities of Practice Etienne Wegner, et al. 10 Design/Communication/Business/Presentation The Back of the Napkin Dan Roam. 11 Communication/Presentation/Business Made to Stick Dan and Chip Heath.