article thumbnail

Organizations as Communities?—?Part 2

ID Reflections

Yesterday, in a Twitter conversation with Rachel Happe regarding the need for organizations to function as communities, I wrote the following: “ Complicated solutions are yesterday’s good practices. How are communities connected to complexity, collective intelligence and “sensemaking”? Creating space for Synchronicity ?— ?In

Community 110
article thumbnail

Does synchronous training fit the modern workplace?

TalentLMS

With self-paced training starting to slump, could synchronous training (self-paced learning’s antithesis) be making a comeback? In this post, we ask: “ What is synchronous training? What is synchronous training? You’ll hear the terms synchronous and asynchronous used a lot in conjunction with employee training programs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Knowledge, practice and community

Learning with e's

After a break from blogging during the summer break, I''m back, and here is the continuation of my series on theories of learning, with number 25. You may recall that I''m working through the alphabet of psychologists and theorists, providing a brief overview of each theory, and how it can be applied in education.

article thumbnail

Addressing On-Demand Learning and Performance Needs #LCBQ | Social.

Dashe & Thomson

The questions prompt quite a lively and interesting discussion among online community members. In a recent post What Makes a Successful Community Manager? I think the community manager can also support and facilitate on-demand learning and performance and will be pivotal in it’s success. Properly d.

article thumbnail

Embracing Innovation in Learning | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

We are moving, albeit in fits and starts, from traditional learning environments, where curriculum are essentially assigned to learners, to more collaborative and innovative environments where learners can self-direct their learning and participate in communities of passion. Of course, when I saw this question, I had to try to answer it.

article thumbnail

The Theory and Practice Gap in eLearning

eFront

The truth is that, as an eLearning professional, you may be missing out on research that demonstrates a gap between the growing research base for eLearning and the policy-making for educational and training institutions – the theory and practice gap. The question is, how to bridge the theory and practice gap in eLearning?

Theory 53
article thumbnail

Online Video: the Perfect Social Learning Tool? | Social Learning Blog

Dashe & Thomson

Free online video is creating new global communities, granting their members both the means and the motivation to step up their skills and broaden their imaginations. Because video is, apparently, a perfect manifestation of social learning theory. less big companies, for more than 20 years. Properly d.