article thumbnail

The Open Screen Project – Will It Succeed?

Upside Learning

The Open Screen Project was started to help create a singular experience on multiple devices (using Flash) be it Computers, Mobiles, TV or Game consoles. Obviously, using Flash platform tools offered by Adobe. Also porting Flash runtimes on handheld devices has been made royalty free (which wasn’t the case earlier).

article thumbnail

Learning Designers have 3 Choices Regarding Mobile Learning [#mLearning]

mLearning Revolution

This report got me thinking about what this mobile future means to our Learning Industry, and I concluded that as Learning Designers, we basically have 3 choices regarding the need to mobilize learning: Do Nothing. Mobilize Learning by Optimizing it for Touch. Why Not Share it with your community!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

HTML5 in E-learning – Signaling the End of the Flash Player

CommLab India

For years, the Flash Player reigned supreme in the world of e-learning. This powerful software enabled learners to access online courses with stunning visuals, wonderful animations, and learning interactivities. It seemed that the Flash Player was destined to rule the technology-enabled learning world.

article thumbnail

These Stats Bode well for Mobile Learning

mLearning Revolution

I believe we are getting very close to a ‘mobile-first’ approach to developing content and I can’t wait to see we can come up as a community when it comes to mobile learning design. It’s puzzling how I never see a mention of any other tablet when reading about mobile learning.

article thumbnail

Designing eLearning for iPads – Webinar Recording and Q&A

Upside Learning

mLearning and Tablet Learning. A: mLearning or Mobile Learning is designed specifically for mobile devices, mostly for learners who are constantly on the move or do not have regular access to traditional learning methodologies. What are the limitations of mobile learning? What is mLearning?

iPad 270
article thumbnail

Mobile Learning Moves the Evolution of Authoring Tools

Association eLearning

To combat “boring” eLearning experiences, programs like Adobe Flash and Director came on the scene with an animated bang (anyone else remember the bird crash vector animation from the early Flash demos?) At the end of the learning, they’ve created a document that can be saved as a Word, RTF or PDF document. Spirit animal: Dog.

article thumbnail

Help Your E-Learning Customers Understand HTML5

Rapid eLearning

Before we get started: Flash is going away soon. And if you have a lot of older e-learning courses, it’s something that you should be dealing with now before it’s too late. 4 Simple Steps to Update Flash Courses. 4 Simple Steps to Update Flash Courses. Thus the demand for HTML5 courses.