article thumbnail

My takeaways from OEB18: communities, AI and 3D-smarts and some very practical stuff

Joitske Hulsebosch eLearning

Communities of practice are powerful but not appealing A powerful things happened in the very last session at 17.00 However the topic of building communities of practice or social learning was not high on the agenda of the conference (neither was performance support). and new relationships. Let me explain the 3D concept.

article thumbnail

3 Ways an Online Community Enhances Learning

WBT Systems

With all the information available at our fingertips through the internet, connecting us globally with people who share our interests, society is progressively interacting more and more online. They do this through a variety of platforms including websites, social media, email, and increasingly through online communities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Build an Internet Company Teaching English to Spanish Speakers Online with Marcus Carter

LifterLMS

Learn how to build an internet company teaching English to Spanish speakers online with Marcus Carter in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS. Not really have much luck with internet marketing at all, really throughout all the time that we’ve had the website. I rescale everything.

Teach 99
article thumbnail

Do You Need a Content Authoring Tool for LearnDash?

LearnDash

The Internet, as we all know, is full of acronyms and abbreviations, and there isn’t always an example of what terms belong where. While the above may make it sound as though we’re not a fan of authoring tools, they do have some amazing features that may be exactly what your course needs to take it to the next level.

article thumbnail

How to Create Feedback Guidelines for Your Course

LearnDash

For feedback to be an important learning mechanism in your community, it has to be handled well. In an online community , it is especially important to get the feedback right. This may sound a little counterintuitive at first. A healthy feedback culture can help your learners improve while building your community.

article thumbnail

Possible obstacles in implementing blended learning and how to deal with them

Matrix

While it sounds like a good plan, implementing blended learning in your organization might have some hurdles. There may be several counterarguments, from “But we have such good results with what we are doing now” to “Switching to blended learning sounds very impersonal, and we may lose all control over what people do for their development”.

article thumbnail

Free Background Music for Your E-learning Courses

Rapid eLearning

Like many of you, I don’t record in a profession sound studio. You can search the Internet for other sites, but for my money, either one of those two above are more than what you’ll need. Check out these articles and free resources in the community. I like to add background audio to my screencast tutorials.

Music 102