article thumbnail

Future of Learning Technology – 2015

Upside Learning

The Learning Circuits Big Question this month asks – “ What will the workplace learning technology look like in 2015 ”. The question is inspired from a post by Derek Morrsion – Technology to Enhance Learning in 2015 , quite an interesting post, a must read. Isn’t that what the Internet really is all about?

article thumbnail

IEEE LTSC xAPI TAG A-OK

Experience API

Shelly Blake-Plock announced last night via LinkedIn that he would be leading a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for IEEE LTSC (Learning Technologies Standards Committee). The end point is open-ended and in our discussion we will work to define the scope of the TAG. rather than evolution. He’s pretty well informed.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learning Technologies 2010 – Recap

Upside Learning

Learning is fast turning Social, Informal, & Mobile. That’s the message I’ve been hearing loud & clear from Learning Technologies 2010. From Content to Community: The changing face of L&D by Jane Hart. Jane ( @c4lpt ) has really been on the forefront of everything related to Social Learning.

article thumbnail

Keynoting Texas Community College Technology Forum 2010

Kapp Notes

On Friday, I’ll be in the big o’le state of Texas speaking about the future of technology for community colleges. I do a lot of work with community colleges and know first hand the innovative technologies and first class hands-on education that community colleges can provide.

Forum 140
article thumbnail

Our Blog Turns One Today

Upside Learning

We have focused our articles on eLearning , Mobile Learning , Learning Technology , Innovation , Future Technology , & Future Learning – domains that we specialize & operate in and domains that our readers like to read about. Upside Learning Completes Five Years. Learning Technologies 2010 – Recap.

Blogging 168
article thumbnail

Top Learning, Technology & Media Links: Weekly Digest – 5

Upside Learning

This simple video makes the essential elements of PBL come alive and brings to light the 21st Century skills and competencies (collaboration, communication, critical thinking) that will enable K-12 students to be college and work-ready as well as effective members of their communities. What Does Learning Look Like?

Media 196
article thumbnail

The Open Screen Project – Will It Succeed?

Upside Learning

For eLearning (& mobile learning) I think Flash will remain the obvious tool till for some time. Even if HTML5 gets stronger in terms of features etc, it would take even more time to reach the kind of designer-developer collaboration and the large communities that have emerged around Flash platform.