article thumbnail

Open Learning Network vs Informal Learning Environment

E-Learning Provocateur

In the comments section of my previous post, Mike Caulfield kindly pointed me to the article Envisioning the Post-LMS Era: The Open Learning Network by Jonathan Mott. I was immediately interested because, like me, Mott is striving to bridge the gap between the organisation’s LMS and the learner’s PLE. We can have both.&#.

article thumbnail

LearnTrends: Personal Knowledge Management

Experiencing eLearning

Don’t worry about missing something interesting; somebody else will pick it up or you can ask someone in your network about it later. In the network, good things come back around. Difference between PKM/PLE/PLN: PKM is more work-focused. Posted in Learning Communities, Lifelong Learning, PLE, Workplace Learning.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Key Emerging Trends in LMS

Upside Learning

Personal Learning Environment (PLE). Over the years, Personal Learning Environment (PLE) in LMS has seen several additions of features – some which worked well with the end users and some irrelevant ones that have pulled out eventually. A semantic search function that understands and tracks user’s search intention and context.

LMS 270
article thumbnail

PLE - PWLE Discussion Contiunes - Corporate vs Personal and IP Rights

Tony Karrer

This continues the discussion being had around PLE/PWLEs - see More Discussion on Personal Work Learning Environments for a bit of recap. Clearly this is a different use of PLE's than those outside the firewall, for free rangers, and for learning from everything of personal interest. And they are not, therefore, PLEs.

PWLE 100
article thumbnail

TCC09 Keynote: Global Collaboration in the Web 2.0 World

Experiencing eLearning

What was face-to-face, formal with limited interaction - Social networking has made instant, on-demand, informal, global and constant. Posted in Learning Communities, PLE, Read/Write Web. Tags: Learning Communities PLE Read/Write Web Flat Classroom Sue Waters TCC09. Presenter: Sue Waters. Summary: Web 2.0

Web 170
article thumbnail

Informal Learning Technology

Tony Karrer

Complexity Stephen and I see similar kinds of complexities: our best response to the variability and complexity of the subject matter along with the changing nature of the learner is to design systems that are decentralized, to push learning decisions down the hierarchy or out to the edges of the network.

article thumbnail

Top 100 eLearning Items

Tony Karrer

Introducing The Conversation Prism eLearning Trends 2007 and 2008 TechCrunch White Label Social Networking Platforms Chart How to Insert YouTube Videos in PowerPoint Presentations LinkedIn Tips and Tweaks: Do More with your LinkedIn Account Introduction to Wikis, Blogs, Social Bookmarking, Social Networking and RSS Corporate Policies on Web 2.0