Remove Communities of Practice Remove Community Remove Magazine Remove Tagging
article thumbnail

It's Happening in the Learning Industry: Training Magazine and Web Site Shutting Down

Kapp Notes

Apparently, it is not just the newspaper business that is in trouble, the trade publication magazine business isn't so hot either. Training Magazine and the associated web site are being moth balled at the end of March. Tags: industry. spokesperson. spokesperson. The March issue will be the publication's last.

Site 183
article thumbnail

Games Build Community & Associations: ASAE Technology Conference Session

Web Courseworks

magazine invited me to author an article on “Five Ways Associations Can Use Online Games”. The way people learn from games, what game mechanics make online games addictive, and how to successfully utilize games to build community and optimize web traffic are important topics for discussion. I plan not to disappoint! Associations Now!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Beyond Best Practices

CLO Magazine

Pardon my French, but best practices are a bunch of B.S. That probably sounds strange coming from the editor of a magazine dedicated to finding, analyzing and sharing successful examples of corporate learning. Perhaps most importantly they’re willing to share their stories. In fact, they’re a spur to innovation.

CLO 68
article thumbnail

Learning Solutions Conference: Experts of the Guild

Web Courseworks

When it comes to eLearning, the Guild is a trusted source of information, networking and a true community of practice. Clark Quinn is one of the most important instructional designer/thinkers in our eLearning community. Tags: eLearning Guild. I also encourage everyone to revisit his book Engaging eLearning.

article thumbnail

9 Strategies to Make Your Peer Learning Program Thrive

CLO Magazine

If you’re sponsoring or developing a peer learning program, you know that professional communities of practice are a cost-effective way to leverage the collective wisdom and experience of a group of leaders with similar roles, challenges or interest areas. Align around the peer learning community’s purpose.

Program 64
article thumbnail

Role of a Learning Consultant: Insightful discussion imported from LinkedIn

ID Reflections

select custom-built courseware, provide post-training support, measure learning effectiveness, create mentoring/coaching frameworks, create frameworks that enable community-driven learning, and create and sustain Communities of Practice. I'm not affiliated with the magazine, at all. (By Bottom of Form.

article thumbnail

A Vital View on Learning

CLO Magazine

McNevin’s long-term goal is to sell the training program to other health care facilities, which will create a revenue source for the company while raising the level of expertise in the CNA community. “We The communities of practice give them access to a network of peers who can help solve problems and share best practices.