article thumbnail

Communities and connections

Learning with e's

I told my audience at the outset that I would not attempt to educate them, because they are far too sophisticated and knowledgeable community of experts and professionals. via ytCropper Communities and connections by Steve Wheeler was written in Bruges, Belgium and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0

article thumbnail

Is sharing caring? #OpenBlog19

Learning with e's

I attended an event in Utrecht, in the Netherlands way back in 2007, at around the time that social media was emerging as a serious learning technology. As you will have noticed if you read this blog, watched my YouTube channel or used my slide decks , I almost always attach a Creative Commons share-and-share-alike licence on my work.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Networked pedagogy

Learning with e's

New theories for the networked, digital age, emerging cultures of learning and a hyper-connected and networked society. Differentials between academic practices, and the variety of roles we adopt within communities of practice and learning. The future of education and the potential impact of new and emerging technologies.

article thumbnail

Exploring medical technologies

Learning with e's

Indeed, my top three all-time cited academic publications are: Wikis, blogs and podcasts : A new generation of web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education (2006) The emerging Web 2.0 The rest, as they say, is history. Unported License. Posted by Steve Wheeler from Learning with e's.

article thumbnail

Top ten UK education blogs

Learning with e's

This blog comes in at number 4 for 2019, so I'm delighted that the metrics (visitor traffic, design, social media shares, post frequency, interactions, etc) support the many hours of effort I make each month to contribute to the knowledge of my learning community. 2019 Top Ten 1. Agility – Teaching Toolkit (ranked 9th in 2014) 10.

article thumbnail

PLN or CoP?

Learning with e's

In the context of this post, PLN stands for Personal Learning Network , and CoP stands for Communities of Practice. From a connectivist perspective, PLNs can emerge through our often random and serendipitous connections with others whom we encounter on the Web. The domain needs to be shared, and it needs to be formalised.

article thumbnail

A little help from my friends

Learning with e's

That’s what this thing we call “self-directed learning” looks like anyway; it looks like problem solving and that’s what’s emerging within the world of digital learning.” A little help from my friends by Steve Wheeler was written in Plymouth, England and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0

Help 74