article thumbnail

Community-Based Learning for stronger learning connections

Learning Rebels

As organizational learning continues to evolve, it’s time to dust off a learning method that has the power to reshape how knowledge is cultivated and shared and addresses employee well-being : community-based learning.

Community 130
article thumbnail

Organizational Learning in Colleges and Universities

The Performance Improvement Blog

In order to change, colleges and universities must first learn; that is, acquire new organizational knowledge and new organizational skills. They must create an organizational routine of feedback, reflection, and active social learning.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Integrating Social Learning In The Workplace

Learnnovators

I have been writing about social learning and its related concepts – communities of practices , working out loud and skills for the networked world for quite some time now. The catch is that “social learning” cannot just be implemented or enforced. Nor can one be sent off to attend a class on social learning.

article thumbnail

Social Technology, Community Management & Organizational Development

Learnnovators

I have written before about the perils of having social learning as a bolt on strategy and of automation taking over complicated, process-based work. In an earlier post, I had emphasized the importance of L&D to don the mantle of community management. I have discussed this in earlier posts here and here.

Community 140
article thumbnail

Top 9 Competencies of an Informal/Social Learning Designer

Learnnovators

However, some of the shifts may require us to move beyond the traditional definitions of ‘learning’. Informal/Social learning is one such major revolution (other than mobile learning and gamified learning) that demands a shift in the mere thinking of ‘learning’. Informal/Social Learning Design Competencies.

article thumbnail

Social play can be Social Learning

Ideaon

I have been asked a half-dozen times about my thoughts on Social Learning within corporations. At work we do use social tools such as Skype, Yahoo Messenger and YouTube for learning purposes. This makes me wonder whether everyone is classifying social learning as social playing.

article thumbnail

Building a Learning Culture: Encouraging Professional Growth in Organizations

Clarity Consultants

Companies can enhance employee engagement, attract top talent, and drive innovation by prioritizing professional growth and creating an environment that encourages continuous learning. Here are six essential components to consider when building an organizational learning culture.

Culture 95